PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to Emerald Expo?

Mr.Ziffel
10-05-2000, 06:20 PM
I'm 45 minutes north of Seattle and would like to compare mowers--my JD F935 doesn't seem to be doing the job, but in reading their web site I don't see any dealers or manufacturers of commercial mowers, at least ones that I recognize. It seems to be more gardening, nursery and landscape materials. Can anyone tell me if the trip would be worth my [very limited] time or should I just try to compare at a dealer? Any dealer recommendations in the Seattle area? Thanks for your help.

powerreel
10-05-2000, 07:41 PM
In Seattle there are alot of dealers, commercial equipt gotta go to EMPIRE EQUIPT. for TORO gotta go AURORA LAWNMOWER, north of Seattle gotta go PARROTS LANDSCAPE heard about Seattle Expo only here though, thought the turf show was only every other year at recert.

Mr.Ziffel
10-06-2000, 12:19 AM
Powerreel, thanks for the info. I'm seriously considering the Exmark or probably Toro because of it's reputation for handling wet grass. What do you use in Seattle? I'm mow about 8 acres and would really like to mulch or be able to bag if it's too wet and thick to mulch. I've had bad dealings with the Toro dealer in Marysville so I'll check out Aurora. Thanks for any info or help.
As I said before the web site for this expo seems aimed more at landscapers than lawn care so I probably won't be going.

powerreel
10-06-2000, 01:12 AM
If you are looking at Exmark or Toro call Parrots @ 425.458.4876 he has got the best service guy around and sells Toro get a recycler deck and a Cal trim for your nice stuff, reel will pick up everything in the rain. Get jungle wheels for any sulky they got zerks all around on all contact points, phillips 76 works best in the rain. If in seattle goto HOPVINE PUB on 15th Ave and order LEAVENWORTH IPA best microbrew in north america. Don't but from machinery components on dearborne or goodsell they suck!