PDA

View Full Version : Wish i had my camera!

Toddppm
10-05-2000, 08:29 PM
Saw a guy today mowing by one of my customers houses driving a Nissan 300ZX towing a cheapo 4x4 trailer with his walkbehind on it, pulled out the ramps and string trimmer from the trunk, don't know how he fit those in the car? Sharp car though , i guess he needs to make those payments somehow!

ant
10-05-2000, 08:34 PM
thats the only way he can prove to uncle sam that is a company car.

stick9
10-05-2000, 08:37 PM
Do you guys ever take pictures of interesting things you see? We usually take pictures of things out of the ordinary (like BIG accidents, cars on fire, ducks on customers roof, etc) .. I even took a picture of when our trailer fell off of the hitch and stuck us on the side of the road!

stick-NInE

bob
10-05-2000, 10:19 PM
This year I started carring a Polaroid camera around. A picture is worth a thousand words!

Eric ELM
10-05-2000, 10:29 PM
I carry my digital in the truck 95% of the time. I got a picture of a Hawk on a lawn we mow last month. I have seen geese on a roof of a house where we mow. I didn't have the camera that day. :mad:

awm
10-05-2000, 10:31 PM
Truck quit on me once and I had to pull
my small trailer with a festiva.
Looked funny I held my accts until the
truck was ready. You do what you gotta do

jaclawn
10-06-2000, 08:22 AM
The one day I didn't have the camera, I saw a tow truck towing a tow truck. Is that an oxymoron?

southside
10-06-2000, 10:31 AM
Jaclawn, LOL. Not really it actually happened to me over here as well. A few years ago I was driving a small tilt
tray and the electrics caught fire in the cab.We had to load it onto another tilt tray to get it back to the depot.
Most embarassing. :)

Karl

Runner
10-06-2000, 10:46 AM
That's kind of like SOMEONE on here, I'm not sure who it was now, that is a fireman, told us of their firetruck catching on fire. Talk about bad stigma! Not to make humor of it or anything- but different!

AB Lawn Care
10-06-2000, 06:53 PM
awm-Been there done that!

parkwest
10-07-2000, 10:54 AM
Jaclawn

I think you mean to ask if its ironic. Oxymoron is when you use 2 words of opposite meaning to form a new word such as women athlete.

TGCummings
10-07-2000, 11:03 AM
Parkwest said:

"Oxymoron is when you use 2 words of opposite meaning to form a new word such as women athlete."

Ouch! Another example would be Military Intelligence (no offense Guido! :) )...

I've been in the lawn industry for 17 years, and always had the worst lawn on my block. How's that for irony?

-TGC

powerreel
10-07-2000, 01:26 PM
If you guys are into the great shots, try going to http://www.wirebreak.com they have a show called Baggers. Also does anyone collect mullets on film? I saw a landscape YUGO with the back window broken out and mower handle sticking out the back but I didn't have my camcorder- next time!