PDA

View Full Version : Difference between exmark deck and dixie deck???

Lawnworks
10-06-2000, 01:32 AM
Is there a difference in decks that would cause one mower to scalp more. I know they are both floating decks w/ chains, but the scalp wheels on a dixie look little. In order to demo an exmark 60" ZTR for 24 hrs. I have to pay $100. I might be able to demo a dixie for a day, but I am not sure.

Thanks

Runner
10-06-2000, 09:49 AM
$100.00! They've got to be kidding! Just tell them you want it for a few hours. The rep. will probably bring it right out to you. How well do you know this dealer? My dealer would let me have anything like that in the drop of a hat!

Acute Cut
10-06-2000, 09:56 AM
DITO!
100$! He is ripping you off. Tell him, you are thinking of spending thousands, if he still insists on the 100$ talk to the head boss and tell him of your disapproval. After that head out and find another dealer.

Acute Cut

bob
10-06-2000, 07:21 PM
Could you imagine going to test drive a new car and the dealer "charging" you for a test drive. Go to another mower dealer for your Exmark demo!

landscaper3
10-06-2000, 07:39 PM
Thats another reason we went to Walker brand mowers, when we wanted to demo a machine they brought one out to us at the job site! Put almost 1.5hours on it and bought that very same mower. Then we bought more of em. They have the best lease payment available, $100 you pay when lease is up and mowers all your, Its yours to begin with they put lease on contract to be tax deductable, they also give you a lease form that is %100 deductable on income tax cause its a agrilculture lease program. Also all you need is first and last month payment thats all!!!

Lawnworks
10-06-2000, 09:15 PM
But the $100 goes toward your purchase and the only other dealer in town will only let me demo for an hour which is NOT going to work since I need to try the 60" out on several yards. Anyway, the dixie dealer in town is awesome. He will let me demo a brand new mower right off his showroom. He says he sells them so quick it does not matter. Next Saturday I am going to demo both at the same time. Oh and the other dealer is one of those guys that follows the rules w/ a fine comb, plus he is the manager. He also gave me a bunch of crap about me being under 18. He acted like I might hurt the mower and be like an endentured servant if I hurt it. I should have told him I could drop 8k out on the mower right then an have it paid for in full. But whatever, I am used to this stupid crap about not being old enough.

LawnWorks

Acute Cut
10-06-2000, 09:33 PM
All i can do is smile. GOOD FOR YOU LAWNWORKS! YEAH!
Humbleness, yet sarcastic in your silence. Deliciously humorous if you ask me.

Get me that dealer's name, address, and all that if you can. I want to send him a little note about customer service and tell him what else there is out here.

Matter of fact, (EVIL LAUGH), maybe we can ALL send him e-mails and letters about how great OUR dealers are. Perhaps he would be...... convinced that he should give you better service.

Acute Cut

Charles
10-06-2000, 09:37 PM
Keep the deck wheels in good shape and the exmark rarely scalps if ever. When those wheels start to flatten out they need replacing

John DiMartino
10-06-2000, 10:25 PM
It sounds like the dixie dealer is the one you want to do business with-if the demo goes well thats where id put my money.My dealer is also very good,service is very fast,usually have the mower back in a few hrs.

MJB
10-06-2000, 10:56 PM
Landscaper3,
Walker isn't the only one with the lease program, they all offer that out here. I only paid $1 at the end of my leases for a Walker, & Grasshopper. The lease companies work with all
the major dealers I just bought my Exmark thru Advance Acceptance.

Lawnworks
10-07-2000, 06:45 PM
I hope the the dixie mower demos better than the exmark. That exmark dealer pisses me off. I bet he thinks he makes more money than me. Oh well, if I don't try an exmark I will never know if it is the best mower for me. My 18th birthday is in 21 days and I cannot wait. The exmark dealer number is 912-953-4199. I'll check and see if he has an e-mail number. His name is John.

Rick