PDA

View Full Version : 14 hp kaw

T.E.
08-19-2003, 12:13 AM
Hey guys I need some help. I have a 14 hp kaw on a 36" snapper that has never give me any trouble, but lately it is started giving me trouble. When you start it it will start on the first or second pull,but then it will not idle smooth it revs up and down not bad but you can hear it. als when you start to mow with it it boggs down in just the slightest bit of grass,and starts putting out BLACK smoke not blue. So can anyone help in this matter it has a new carb on it? Thanks Tony

slbroug
09-30-2003, 11:51 PM
T.E.,

It sounds like you have too rich a fuel-to-air ratio due to the black smoke. If the smoke remains black, then this may also explain the loss of power under slight engine load. If the carb was replaced, I'd suggest having the dealer adjust it.

Good luck with your engine repair.

matth
11-16-2003, 08:00 PM
try cleaning the carb and then replace the air cleaner, cleaning it with airis the best but try adjusting it first

xcopterdoc
11-22-2003, 08:24 PM
check for bent push rods. Remove valve cover and remove pushrods. Roll them on a flat surface and check for straightness. What do the plugs look like?

captdevo
11-25-2003, 11:52 PM
who put 'new' carb on? sounds like governor spring is streched or in wrong location......