PDA

View Full Version : Trailer???

Laner
08-23-2003, 12:15 AM
I am looking to buy a new trailer. I currently use a 8'6" X 18' snowmobile trailer, which has worked very well the past few years, but I think it is time to get something heavier. Also getting tired of having to drag the ramp out from under the trailer and hooking it on the lip, so a fold-up ramp would be nice. I need something about 18-20' long due to hauling two Deere 425 AWS with cart baggers. Also, spring and fall clean-up would like to consider having a removable box in front section for clippings/leaves. Any suggestions?

EagleLandscape
08-23-2003, 03:38 AM
I've got a guy in Texas. He's making me a 16ft, with 4 ft sides (landscape sides), the regular toolbox/compartment at the front of the traler, folding ramp/gate at the back, tandem axles, new tires and wheels, with a bull dog hitch for $1,150.00.
Trailers like these go for atleast 2,000.00 on eBay. This guy is very easy to work with, and he had my last one ready in 2 days. He said he would have had it built for me the next day, but he ran out of black paint.
Let me know if you need his contact information. email me or something

Phishook
08-23-2003, 03:44 AM
too bad you're in TX.

Will he deliver?

work_it
08-23-2003, 03:51 AM
By the time he ships a trailer from Texas to Iowa he'll be paying over $2000. Check out some of the more established companies/people in your area. Look in the yellowpages, make some calls, and then meet with them to discuss ideas. Most of them have made custom trailers for other lco's and may be able to make some great suggestions.

HarryD
08-23-2003, 11:01 AM
Laner
Here is a link to a company that custom builds trailers out of central Iowa. I myself have had a 6.5X16 open trailer from H&H for the last 6 years. I have only had to replace one broken spring due to a big chuck hole and it also is in need of new tires now. They have dealers all over Iowa and Minnesota. Give them a good look

http://www.hhtrailer.com/

Laner
08-24-2003, 03:25 PM
HarryD
Thanks for the info. I just looked at a used H&H trailer on Saturday at our local auction service. Good shape, very little use and measured 76" X 18', beaver tail, no sides and I think only one brake axle. Not sure what it should be worth?