PDA

View Full Version : Kubota ZD 21 w/ 60"

AJ23
08-24-2003, 01:18 AM
Does anyone own or have operated a Kubota ZD21 w/60" mower? I am looking at buying one and was wondering if anyone has had any problems with this machine. Would this be a good machine to mow 5 acres with. My understanding is Kubota is as good as a John Deere, but only for a little less money. Any information would be greatly appreciated. :)

AJ

Thisldoofarm
08-24-2003, 09:11 AM
Yes, I have one, ZD21 with 60" Pro Deck. Very robust, good for irregular terrain, heavy grass. Took the roll bar off to get under limbs. Diesel powered, much less maintenance. Much heavier built that X-mark and some others. Probably overkill if you are just doing lawns. I have 11 acres of pastures and hills, bushes etc.

zedosix
08-24-2003, 09:16 PM
I purchased one this spring for my home properties. It certainly does the job. I cut my 1.5 acres where I currently live, in 40 minutes. I cut about 7 acres (lots of trees) on my new property and it takes around 4 hours. Good on fuel and easy to operate. Nice to have the hydraulic lift. Real easy to adjust blade height.

Cable dude
09-01-2003, 10:44 PM
I have the ZD21 with pro deck and it has worked flawlessly for me. Diesel engines have more torque which allows you to reduce engine RPMs and still get the same blade tip speed. I thought something was wrong with the fuel gage when I first got it as it didn't go off of full for the first 3 hours. Very fuel efficient. Here is a picture after I cleaned it up.

lawnmowermannh
10-23-2003, 08:08 PM
I'm also thinking about buying on too. Any opinions sure would help make my decision.
Thanks Mike

olderthandirt
10-23-2003, 10:31 PM
I bought one last yr and sold it this spring. I love the hydrolic ht adjustment. But I thuoght it was under powered for a diesel. great on fuel. biggest gripe and its not 'bota' fault but mine I like my deck out in front. I went back to using my steiner and I mow approx 10 acres with lots of trees and the steiners faster. I would suggest a demo on a grasshopper just talked to a dealer and can get one new with 28hp. bota diesel and 72 inch out front deck for $11,500. When your spending the kind of $$$ they want for these mowers it doesnt hurt to compare. Mac