PDA

View Full Version : Which Tractor?

SJH Landscaping
08-25-2003, 12:23 AM
I am looking for a tractor that is fairly compact but can use a forked front end loader to load palletized, split cordwood into a dump truck. Along with a rear or belly mower and a front snow plow. I was looking at Deere's and Kubuta's, but I have never used any tractors for this purpose. I have no clue what engine size to get, etc, but it has to be able to load the wood into the dump bed. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Planet Landscaping
08-25-2003, 07:09 AM
Kubota L3130 hydro Great resale,32 hp,Big enough yet small enough, Hell of a tractor. @ $18,000

DUSTYCEDAR
08-25-2003, 07:28 AM
JOHN DEERE go test drive one. u need to come up with the height of the dump truck to see how big of a loader u need to reach over the side

morturf
08-25-2003, 11:34 PM
You also need to know the weight of the pallet you intend to lift. I know for a fact the 4410 i have will only lift 1250 pounds with the pallet forks and the forks are not cheap!! I love my 4410's. I have 2 of them. I have owned 755, 955, 4400 and now have 2 4410's. Hope this helps.

Mike

henrich
08-27-2003, 02:10 PM
Check several dealerships, you may be able to get one off of a lease. Don't be concerned about leased tractors, if they are rough they more than likely will be reconditioned before selling. Keep one thing in mind when purchasing, sit on the seat, what can you see? With a loader on either the Kubota and the John Deere your vision will be obstructed about another 10 to 15 ft in front of you. Look at a New Holland with the slooped front on the tractor. Also are you hydraulic easily reached, does you seat swivel, how much lift capacity does the loader have and how high will it lift?

longviewlawncare
08-27-2003, 08:13 PM
I have a large size deere and love it. But for what you are looking for take a look at the New hollands. The supersteer front 4wd axle is something awsome. Several of the golf courses around here have them and love them. This thing turns tight.

CMLLawnServices
08-28-2003, 11:27 PM
if all your going to use it for is loader work, a hydrostatic transmission will be a life saver, when i work for my uncle`s farming operation , we use an international 656 diesel, hydro with loader, the hydro trans really makes loading things easyer,than a standard .