PDA

View Full Version : monthly budget/price/cut

glenjr10
08-26-2003, 12:09 AM
I have always been skeptical on reasons for which way is better. Well today I think that I have the answer to my situation. This morning, My neighbor, (an account of mine) called me to reservice their yard, b/c they were having a landscape designer come in and look at the yard on Tuesday. Well, I normally mow their yard on Thursdays, so I will just add this extra cut to the rest.

My question is what do you do, and why.

Thanks for all of your replies

Rustic Goat
08-26-2003, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by glenjr10
My question is what do you do, and why.

What's the question?
You saying you're going to mow on a Tuesday and again on Thursday? Why, will it really need it?
If not, why not work with your customer/neighbor if they're not normally demanding. Accommodate their need and see if you can't pick up some of the extra work it sounds like they're going to be doing.

twins_lawn_care
08-26-2003, 12:02 PM
I would just bill every time you cut. I agree that you should work with your customer, and just maybe switch the day for this week, but be fair about the pricing. They'll appreciate you coming on a different day, or early to help them out, and remember this. This is what they'll tell others when they ask about who is their lawn care provider. Word of mouth sells best.

WeatherMan
08-27-2003, 05:02 PM
Last year I started to bill monthly 12 months a year.
Its broke up to an avarge of 36 cuts a year
That way I have money coming in all year round.
most of the Cust. like it some dont, but they live with it

Expert Lawns
08-28-2003, 10:07 AM
Every two cuts I send an invoice unless otherwise specifiied by customer

Team Gopher
08-28-2003, 12:38 PM
Here was a post that offers some more insight into this topic.

Monthly Billing (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2496)