PDA

View Full Version : Post your advertisment fliers!

EagleLandscape
08-26-2003, 02:54 PM
Hey everyone. I'm looking for good ways of advertising, and the best I've found so far besides word of mouth is by dropping off fliers at doorsteps. Seeing how none of you guys are in my area, and I can't take away any of yalls business, would some of you all mind posting pictures of yalls fliers? Thanks.

twins_lawn_care
08-28-2003, 02:02 PM
Here's one of our flyers we passed out. We're just starting out, so we are new to this. Hopefully it will helk you out, and help us if people can give some advice.
Good luck!

twins_lawn_care
08-28-2003, 04:49 PM
Hey Guys Downloading this flyer,
can you do me a favor and let me know what you think?

I tried to make it eye catching!

Thanks

EagleLandscape
08-28-2003, 06:47 PM
looks good, im gonna do a 1/3 of a page add, and just cut the page into 3 pieces to save money.

WeatherMan
08-28-2003, 08:40 PM
twins your ad looks good but it needs a little color

twins_lawn_care
08-29-2003, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the advice.
We agree, and as soon as we get some green, we'll be able to put some green in our flyers, if you know what I mean.
Have to do what you can with what you have right now.
Keep the advice coming, and anyone else out there post your flyers

The Lawn Boy Pro
08-29-2003, 10:19 AM
Heres Mine:

TRex
09-03-2003, 09:32 AM
Hey Lawn Boy Pro how do you thatch someones lawn let me know who thatch for and maybe I can sell them my dethatching.haha Just letting you know to change that and other wise it looks great.

WeatherMan
09-04-2003, 10:33 PM
LOL LOL :D :D :D

crawdad
09-05-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by jwingfield2k
looks good, im gonna do a 1/3 of a page add, and just cut the page into 3 pieces to save money.
Well, if that's what you want to do, go to this website,
http://www.sparrowandjacobs.com/downloads.html
download this template,
"Laser doorhanger template-Microsoft word format"
fill in the appropriate info,
and print it on card stock. Cut with a papercutter, and punch a hole with a paper punch. Hang on doors with rubber bands.
Paperpunch and rubber bands are avail at any office supply store very cheap, papercutter costs a little more(I had one in stock).
Works for me.
Crawdad
That site also has postcard templates.

GLAN
09-05-2003, 02:38 PM
LOL

Why not the "Free Lawn Cut" with seasonal contract.

Why give something away like that for just a one time job

Team Gopher
09-05-2003, 02:41 PM
Here is a site (http://www.rippedsheets.com/laser/100717.html) that has door hanger paper.

http://www.rippedsheets.com/images/sample/l/100717.gif

JML
09-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Here is our flier. We had it designed from someone on www.elance.com. Very good site. We are currently having our biz cards, logo, and website redone as well...

twins_lawn_care
09-05-2003, 04:58 PM
I like that flyer JML, especially the "your cost" circle. it shows a personal touch to the flyer, and helps you from having to head back out for an estimate, do it all while you're there handing out the flyer! Great idea, let us know how they work!

GLAN
09-05-2003, 08:51 PM
Yeah very nice.

JML
09-06-2003, 01:10 PM
I didn't use them much this year, we are pushing hard into the commercial market. But last year we got a tremendous response rate.. We have a landscaping design brochure that we deliver to new construction homes, and we got more of a response for design and install work with this flier than our brochure. A lot of the competition around here has fliers that are horrible so this really stood out. Compared to previous years and past fliers we got a great response it has worked out well.....

pokemon
09-06-2003, 04:27 PM
Thats is a very professional looking flier. It presents a positive image

lawncareguy702
10-27-2003, 03:59 PM
Why do people put "thatching" as a service, like in the above ad. I may be off, but isn't it benefical to provide a dethatching service??

justmjc
10-27-2003, 10:20 PM
JLM,
Is that a 4x6 post card or a standard 8x11 flyer that you send out? What method did you use to get the tremedous call volume? Hand deliver these or drop them in a mail newspaper box?

JML
10-28-2003, 09:30 AM
I stapled or put a piece of tape with a rubberband to the top corner and hung it from the door handle/knob of the houses..

ccwmlw
10-29-2003, 07:36 AM
Those are some very nice fliers. I think it is great how eveyone tries to help each other out. In my area the green industry is very competitive and hardly anyone would help you, so it is great to see others in the industry help each other.

John Gamba
10-29-2003, 08:15 AM
To jml
Do i see a pic of my account on your flyer?
John

T.E.
10-29-2003, 08:17 AM
JML that is one of the best flyers i've ever seen if not THE best. Where did you get them printed? and what was the approximate cost per K any response would be appreciated. Thanks Tony

John Gamba
10-29-2003, 08:21 AM
JML
LIKE THIS ONE!

dobehap
10-29-2003, 08:55 AM
When builders build houses, they build more than one of the same kind.
And maybee by chance have the same lawn,
and maybe He has a laser too!!

and maybe he did use your pic, ouch.

I think John deserves commision of every sale you get from that flyer.

AztlanLC
10-29-2003, 08:59 AM
Hey jml we waiting to hear from you.

Mikes Lawn Landscape
10-29-2003, 09:06 AM
That sucks man :angry:

AztlanLC
10-29-2003, 09:07 AM
I'm going to beat JML by saying this.

That picture I have no idea where it came from, I just went to the site I discribe above and give'em my text, they're the ones that got the pictures and I don't know what source they used should it ask, sorry.

Or maybe he'll be gone

AGMG
10-29-2003, 09:21 AM
john,

how did he get a pic of one of your accounts?

Woody82986
10-29-2003, 09:33 AM
That is good eyesight. I probably wouldn't have given it a second glance. It is definately your pic. I can just here him,........"DOH" or better yet,......"OOPS!!!"

John Gamba
10-29-2003, 10:04 AM
It's Not my account anymore or as of last month,I sold my business or most of it.
All i could do was call there corporate head quarters and i talked with the lead attorney(who i got out of bed) and he asked if it was being used for profit i said it looks like it is. He said mail him the info and they will decide on a action.

Well thats all folks!!
John

Woody82986
10-29-2003, 01:45 PM
good deal, not enough people take action these days. it is good to see someone that wants answers. Too many americans just say, "oh well, whatcha gonna do?"

Johnny
10-29-2003, 02:02 PM
JML,

Since it sounds like you did not mow those lawns yourself. And you have a satisfaction guarantee. I sure hope you can duplicate John Gamba's quality of cut. I wish I could make a lawn look that good.

(John Gamba...those are some very sweet stripes!!!!)

lawn perfection
10-29-2003, 02:03 PM
Jml, No offense, but how embarrising to use someone else is work to pose off as yours.
Hey John! didn't know you were getting out of the biz, thought you were moving to Fl.

The Lawn Boy Pro
10-29-2003, 02:17 PM
Man, That is WAY TOOOOOOO LOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! How LOW can you go!!!?????????????????

John Gamba
10-29-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Johnny
JML,

Since it sounds like you did not mow those lawns yourself. And you have a satisfaction guarantee. I sure hope you can duplicate John Gamba's quality of cut. I wish I could make a lawn look that good.

(John Gamba...those are some very sweet stripes!!!!)

Thank you.
John

John Gamba
10-29-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by lawn perfection
Jml, No offense, but how embarrising to use someone else is work to pose off as yours.
Hey John! didn't know you were getting out of the biz, thought you were moving to Fl.

Hay Duke!
Girlfriend isen't happy with florida just yet. I'm not out of business just cutting back and getting back behind a mower instead of on it.
Even with out any beer:mad: i still cannot lose the weight, maybe i should go back to smoking and beer thats when times where good lolololo.

I will say the smaller lawns are fun!

John

The Lawn Boy Pro
10-29-2003, 04:06 PM
Hey John, CALL THE NUMBER ON THE FLYER!!!!!!;)

John Gamba
10-29-2003, 04:12 PM
No i was told to stay out of it for now:mad:
John

justmjc
10-29-2003, 04:27 PM
Keep us posted. So.....If he wouldn't have posted the flyer, no one on God's green earth would have known about it, and he would have been scott free. What a blow since he was trying to share his flyer with everyone. LOL How ironic.

2 man crew
10-29-2003, 07:17 PM
I wonder who cuts the other 3 lawns on that flyer?

justmjc
10-29-2003, 11:43 PM
Just curious, did you get the homeowners permisson before you took the pictures? And also, does that make the picture the property of the homeowner? And lastly, did you have their consent to post that on this site? You may have had consent to take the picture but no consent to post it here. See how this whole thing opens a can of worms. I just don't see any legal action taking place on this issue. Sorry, but good luck.

justmjc
10-29-2003, 11:46 PM
Also, would you have given him permission if he had asked for the picture anyway? I would take it as a definate compliment, that your work is highly admired by many. It's his responsibility to deliver what he shows, and his customer base will judge that.

Johnny
10-29-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by justmjc
Keep us posted. So.....If he wouldn't have posted the flyer, no one on God's green earth would have known about it, and he would have been scott free. What a blow since he was trying to share his flyer with everyone. LOL How ironic.
and
How stupid

John Gamba
10-30-2003, 06:36 AM
Just curious, did you get the homeowners permisson before you took the pictures? And also, does that make the picture the property of the homeowner? And lastly, did you have their consent to post that on this site? You may have had consent to take the picture but no consent to post it here. See how this whole thing opens a can of worms. I just don't see any legal action taking place on this issue. Sorry, but good luck.

To all you questions YES. They can do something about the PROFIT issue. thats all i can say BTW I'm out of this its there ball game now. it might take them two month to look this over because they are very busy.
John

Sean Adams
11-01-2003, 04:52 PM
What is going on here?

The Lawn Boy Pro
11-01-2003, 07:41 PM
JML apparently stole Gambas accout pics and put them on his flyers. THATS whats going on.

Turf Medic
11-01-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by The Lawn Boy Pro
JML apparently stole Gambas account pics and put them on his flyers. THATS whats going on.

I'm curious do you know for a fact that JML is the one that stole the pics or did the service that designed the flier steal the photo.

And did they get it here or did John Gamba use the same service in the past to make fliers for his business. And since it is a large company that owns the property (according to John) maybe one of their lawyers or property managers signed a release allowing the marketing company to use the photos. Not to offend John but is there a possibility that he had a marketing company develop fliers for him using the photo in question and he unwittingly signed a release for the use of the photo when he was ok ing the flier.

I have marketing companies sending me samples of fliers all the time that have someone else's work on them. It's cheaper to buy fliers that already designed and they just add your company information. The flier that JML posted looks exactly like some of the flier samples that I have received. You would think that a marketing company would have all the legal stuff done before offering to sell the fliers. I would never have thought to inquire about that, but from now on if we decide to order fliers we will be asking for copies of signed releases.

So many possibilities it really sucks when the first conclusion is that JML STOLE the photo. Do you really think that someone that must be somewhat sharp to spend money to have a flier professionally designed would be stupid enough to post a copy of his "theft" in a forum that John Gamba frequents.

John Gamba
11-02-2003, 07:19 AM
I took or take all the pics. Even if they didn't STEAL the pics off lawnsite (Witch is where it was taken from) they are using my pic and i think others to promote there work.
John

AztlanLC
11-02-2003, 05:21 PM
Tthe fact that JML doesn't post anything about this issue leaves lot's of questions to be answered, for that same matter I can't defend the guy neither.
C'mon JML just tell us your side of the story.

John Gamba
11-02-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by AztlanLC
Tthe fact that JML doesn't post anything about this issue leaves lot's of questions to be answered, for that same matter I can't defend the guy neither.
C'mon JML just tell us your side of the story.

Its over.
John

BigEd
11-05-2003, 09:24 AM
Man, That is WAY TOOOOOOO LOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! How LOW can you go!!!?????????????????

Thats coming from the same person who used Eric ELMS pics on his website.WTF??LMAO

NNJLandman
11-05-2003, 06:12 PM
Here is mine

Metro Lawn
11-11-2003, 10:57 PM
Not the best pic, but basic and to the point. Cost about $20 per thousand to have printed.

JimLewis
11-13-2003, 02:47 AM
Here is our flyer...

p.s. Everything you see in those photos are not only maintained by our company - but we installed all of it too.

OUR FLYER (http://proof.hiresstudios.com/lewislandscapefinal/)

alpine692003
12-24-2003, 02:35 AM
What programs are you guys using to do these freaking designs? They are wicked, or did you get someone to do them for you!?

JimLewis
12-24-2003, 12:03 PM
For years I was able to create pretty cool flyers using MS Publisher. It's a great program. But the flyer I posted above was professionally designed and printed. And even so, it only cost me about 7cents each - for full color on card stock paper. Only catch is you gotta buy like 10,000 to get that price.

alpine692003
12-25-2003, 02:17 AM
Thank you very much for the info jimlewis, I've started playing around with MS PUBLISHER 2002.

I think i've created a winner! lol

DigitalSpy
01-31-2004, 01:17 PM
How many bids did you get over at elance and, if you don't mind tellin', how much did it wind up costing you?

Originally posted by JML
Here is our flier. We had it designed from someone on www.elance.com. Very good site. We are currently having our biz cards, logo, and website redone as well...

DigitalSpy
01-31-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by jimlewis
Here is our flyer...

p.s. Everything you see in those photos are not only maintained by our company - but we installed all of it too.

OUR FLYER (http://proof.hiresstudios.com/lewislandscapefinal/)

I love that twisty tree on the back! :) Nice looking work you guys do. One suggestion (if you ever have these redesigned): Use a real photo of your truck on the bottom, you have lots of beautiful photos and then what apprears to be clipart at the bottom. They just don''t match. But the quality of your landscaping look amazing. Nice job!

DigitalSpy
01-31-2004, 01:30 PM

I'm not 100% sure but I think U.S. copyright law allows one to take photos of private property as long as it's done from public property (how do you think the National Inquirer does it?) and as long as there are no identifiable people in the picture they can be used for advertising.

Of course if this is your customer you may want to ask permission just to keep everyone happy.

A-One
01-31-2004, 09:04 PM
I am new to this site and am very interested starting a lawn service business. I appreciate all the tips you are giving!

Located in Indianapolis, Indiana

Aleman
01-31-2004, 09:50 PM
Heres mine that Im getting ready to distribute.

pjslawncare/landscap
01-31-2004, 11:57 PM
Good looking flier Aleman. Did you have that made or did it yourself?

Aleman
02-01-2004, 07:02 AM
Thanks,I had these guys do it for me.

http://www.eprintusa.com

Farbio
02-02-2004, 11:17 AM
Jimlewis, what company designed and printed those fliers for you. They look very professional. Those prices are amazing for a full color flier.

Thanks

sildoc
02-02-2004, 12:41 PM
Here is my door hanger.

sildoc
02-02-2004, 12:46 PM
Well that didn't turn you so here is the web page it is at.
http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=527;st=10