PDA

View Full Version : How long till I mow again.

Ssouth
10-07-2000, 08:42 PM
Just overseeded several lawns here in North Alabama. Just wondering how long I should wait until I mow again. I mow with two Exmarks. One is set up for bagging and the other for mulching. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

KirbysLawn
10-07-2000, 08:44 PM
I wait at least 2 weeks or until the new grass is at a length that I plan on maintaining it at.

Barkleymut
10-07-2000, 10:51 PM
If this is just an overseeding instead of a total lawn renovation then 2-3 weeks. Also depends on seed type. Rye takes less time to germinate and grow in cooler weather than Ky. 31 and fescue.

Ssouth
10-09-2000, 04:50 PM
Thank you Barkleymut and Kirbyslawn. They were all overseeding jobs (no renovations).

Scraper
10-09-2000, 04:58 PM
I will mow the next week if the grass really needs it. Up here in the Philthadelphia area if I were to wait 2 weeks this year I would be baling the grass clippings. If it is merely overseeding of an already well established lawn then whatever little you may "suck" up with the mower will just get reapplied somewhere else. Now if I had some very thin spots where the seed and soil is exposed, I would avoid those areas, but not the entire lawn.