PDA

View Full Version : Getting the shaft

EagleLandscape
08-26-2003, 10:23 PM
Man, I know its possible to get 120 yards a week if I put enough effort into it. ALl my friends and even their parents that do small business stuff are doubting it. I personally know ppl in that area my age that have done it. Does anyone else get all this crap-doubting fomr other people? And what did you do about it? I'm putting together this business plan, but theres no way a bank will believe my numbers...

DUSTYCEDAR
08-26-2003, 10:26 PM
it is not about how many yards u mow
it is about how much money u make and then keep after expenses good luckpayup

SprinklerGuy
08-26-2003, 10:47 PM
www.justlawns.com

EagleLandscape
08-26-2003, 11:40 PM
My gross number is a very high 6 digit number for 160 yards a week at 25 a pop, plus a little bit of hedge trimming and a tree trimming. I'll make alot of money, but I don't think anyone thats not in the business will understand how much money is to be made.

EagleLandscape
08-26-2003, 11:41 PM
yeah, houston's lawn prices are dirt cheap, not like dallas prices, all the companies here price gouge, but im still less than all the ones here.

dforbes
08-26-2003, 11:42 PM
if you really want to impress your bank, lower you numbers and then do the 120 lawns a week. You will be better off in the long run.

promower
08-28-2003, 07:30 PM
I think it is possible to that many, but to find that much work your first year may be kinda tough. (Not sure if you just starting or not) When I started which was not long ago I managed to land 35 jobs per week regulars, and then a few extra 1 or 2 time lawns a week. I didnt undercut though $35.00 min. Dont cut yourself short to get more work cause you can make just as much doing less work at a higher cost. I found that people will still hire you even if you cost more, just have to sell yourself.