PDA

View Full Version : need your advice on this

bad_chad48
08-26-2003, 09:43 PM
I may be purchasing a new tractor in the near future (2 weeks) somthing in the 40 horse range. I will be getting either an Ford "boomer" or an John deere. I am hoping that some of you may have used both of them and might give me some feedback on which you liked.
I need 4wd, an loader, hydro trans, diesel.
I have fell in love with the looks of the ford but I know about the pro with the name deere.
I would appreciate any feedback. except... get a deere. please tell me why.
Thanks
Chad

Husker1982
08-27-2003, 01:22 AM
I have a JD 4710. Maybe not what you are looking to get but it is great. It handles attachments better than The TC45. Of course the 4710 has 3 more horse which will make a differenct but this is dramatic at times. To give you more help, another guy I know has a TC45 and after using the 4710. He wishes he had gotten the JD instead.

rbeca
08-28-2003, 03:41 PM
I have a Ford 1700 26 hp 4 wheel drive ag tires with a loader.
It's a small tractor but it is a good work horse. I am using on my 9 hole golf course. I mow with a 5' brush hog, use the loader to move small amounts of dirt, pull my reel mowers with it, have used it to disc and plant. The little thing works great. I bought it last year and it only had 600 hours on it ( 1982 Model ) and was like new. So far no problems except I wish I had gotten one a little bigger but then I have a backhoe for the real heavy stuff.
Look hard at the Ford's - they are cheaper and just as reliable as the Deere's

idugaholez
09-19-2003, 06:34 PM
I bought the Kubota 3130 grand series, an love the tractor. Its a little bit bigger than most compact tractors, but you can still get into most places. It also has a higher lift capacity on the bucket, due to the size of the machine. I looked at ford and john deere also, and this was a better tractor, at least as far as im concerned. The hardest part was, telling my fiance's dad. He is a farmer, and has 7 john deere tractors..

GreginAlaska
09-24-2003, 11:03 PM
I have owned a 1530 boomer and now a JD 4210. The JD has smoother control for the loader and the 3 point hitch. The JD has fewer grease points than the Ford. I do think the Ford loader was easier to take off and on. The JD is easier to switch between ranges on the tranny. (both are hydro) I thought the supersteer on the Ford would come in more handy than it did, the JD turns tight enough.

If you have a good JD dealer I would go with the JD