PDA

View Full Version : Bags?

lawncare3
08-27-2003, 12:21 AM
Does anyone know of a place I can get plastic bags so, I can put my 4k fliers in them? I was alos wondering what the response rate is for these? I saw a thread a long time ago wheres someone got 200 aeration jobs from 2k fliers in bags. Can someone please tell me the expected response rate? thanks

tiedeman
08-27-2003, 12:26 AM
200 jobs from only 2,000 fliers....I want to know where that neighborhood is. I would work there any day. That response rate is unbelievable.

dvmcmrhp52
08-27-2003, 12:28 AM
200 out of 2000 god bless him,I wouldn't expect a 10% response
for the average.probably more like 5% and under.That's about what we got in the beginning.

Soupy
08-27-2003, 12:54 AM
Door Knob Bag (http://www.realgreenforms.com/computer/10Browse.asp) You need to look under the categories to find them.

lawncare3
08-27-2003, 03:14 PM
Thank you soupy, but, I have to get them local because I have no credit card. I called a place called boner plastics earlier and they didn't know what I was talking about anyone have any suggestions? :confused:

Scraper
08-27-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by lawncare3
I called a place called boner plastics earlier and they didn't know what I was talking about

LOL...either they are boners or they smoked too many bones

twins_lawn_care
08-27-2003, 05:55 PM
If you can't get any because of not having a credit card, I'd try to borrow your parent's card if you can. if you'd rather do it all on your own, i don't know your area, but try to go to a local printer/paper route company, and see if you can buy some off of them. Around here they use plastic bags for small papers and such, and this may work for you.
Just an idea.
Other idea, is can't you call the company and ask to pre-pay for the order to avoid any credit card?
Hope this helps.
Good luck.

GLAN
08-27-2003, 06:44 PM
Yeah

Can always send a money order

Soupy
08-27-2003, 07:01 PM
A debit card would work also. I'm sure you can find someone to let you deposit some money in their bank and order them for you.

I'm guessing the reason you don't have a debit card is because the bank won't give you one unless you are 18. Maybe you could get your mom to open a joint account with you and use her debit card as your own. Better off get your Dad to open it so the card has a mans name on it. Not that it really matters though, I have used my wifes card (while waiting for a new card) at stores lots of times without anyone questioning it.

Just an idea.....

Also, I answered the pole wrong. I picked 1-5 thinking you meant what percentage. It's really hard to say with Aerations, But if you were handing out Maintenance fliers at the beginning of the year I would guess you could land anywhere from 20-40 new customers. But Aerations are harder to sell, Not everyone believes they need it.

walker-talker
08-27-2003, 09:37 PM
I think you should expect a high response rate in your neighborhood. All the lawns looked well maintained. It is going to be up to your salemanship ability to land the jobs. Be sure to study all the benefits of aeration and pass the information on to your prospective client. Know what you are telling them and speak with confidence and you should do fine.

Good luck
MATT

crawdad
08-28-2003, 08:15 AM
Buy your bags at the dollar store, I think you get about sixty for a buck, and snip a slot in them for hanging on doorknobs. Gallon size bags will hold a full sheet flyer.
Are you making full-sheet flyers, or half-sheet, or one third sheet hangers, printed on card stock? If you do the card stock thing, go to an office supply store and get a hole puncher, about a buck, and a pack of rubber bands, and hang them with the rubber band.
Crawdad

JR Lawns
08-28-2003, 11:17 AM
I my area, I generally get a 1% respnse rate..

500 flies got me five new cutomers...

Team Gopher
08-28-2003, 01:32 PM
http://www.rndsigns.com/door1.jpg (http://www.rndsigns.com/door.htm)

The Lawn Boy Pro
08-29-2003, 11:31 AM
Team Gopher, where are those bags available?

Soupy
08-29-2003, 06:06 PM
Loren, Click on the picture and it will take you the website.