PDA

View Full Version : Question for large compact tractor owners

Husker1982
08-27-2003, 02:00 AM
I know that this is a plowsite question but this site has the action right now. I am going to use my JD 4710 this year for pushing snow and wondered if anyone has purchased or made a snow pusher for something like this. I am having a guy that does welding/fabricating build me a snow pusher that is 10ft wide for this tractor. It will be used in a relatively large lot but I just wanted to get feedback from all of you who have done this. Thanks.

lamarbur
09-01-2003, 10:19 PM
Curtiss mfg co, Worcester, MA makes several type/size plows and a pusher for that model tractor

Husker1982
09-02-2003, 11:20 PM
Curtis makes no pushers for it just plows. I have already checked out plows for the unit. I want to get a pusher (i.e. Protech, Avalanche, Blazer). Damn sounds like I am naming models of trucks.

morturf
09-03-2003, 03:26 PM
did you see this?

http://www.curtisplow.com/tractor_loader.html

This is a pusher that can be mounted to your unit. You probably want the side plates? You could make those yourself. Good luck,

this is the protech site for compacts

http://www.snopusher.com/spm_cu.asp#techinfo

Mike

Husker1982
09-03-2003, 08:44 PM
lamabur and morturf I apprieciate the help. Although I am looking for users to give feed back on how well the tractor handled certain sizes and how big they think I should go.

lamarbur
09-09-2003, 08:10 AM
I have a 41 HP Mahindra w/72" front bucket. It also hangs a 11 ft Bradco backhoe. My driveway is 1600 ft long, with a good slope to it, bringing us up to the main road. I push about a third at a time, backup, annd make three more pushes which opens that area, then go on again.Going up hill on a winding 1600 ftdrive and the Mahindra does real good. Probably would do much better if I can get on it during and just after the storm. Not an option for me as I run a JD 710 TLB doing local banks and schools, so when I get home for my own driveway, it is considerably later. I see no reason you can't push a 10 ft pusher. It all depends on where and the physical circumstances of the area.

m&m
10-29-2003, 12:00 AM
whats difference in a pusher and a plow.....not being sarcastic but they both work same dont they? other than being front or back of tractor

lamarbur
11-05-2003, 08:04 PM
a usher is considerably wider than a plow and a pusher has side plates to hold as much snow as possible. Plows, usually can be angled one way or another. Pushers a re like a giant dozer blade stuck in one postion

dylan
02-22-2004, 02:45 PM
I got a NH TC33D. 33 hp 4x4 etc. It has a 6' bucket on the front with 2' wings to make a pusher box. When it is full of snow it is almost all I can push. It might take a 7-8' box but would probably be pretty hard on the machine. I've seen guys with 8' plows having no problem.