PDA

View Full Version : New Enclosed Trailer

On the go
08-28-2003, 10:28 PM
Just purchased a 6'x14' Haulmark Trailer. Was wondering if anybody could give my ideas on how to hang all equipment. Have 2 48" walk behinds ( no problem there) 2 backpack blowers, 2 trimmers, hedge trimmer chain saw. Not sure to to hang equipment so it stays during transit. Any pictures would be helpful also. Thanx :blob2:

Doc Pete
08-28-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by On the go
Just purchased a 6'x14' Haulmark Trailer. Was wondering if anybody could give my ideas on how to hang all equipment. Have 2 48" walk behinds ( no problem there) 2 backpack blowers, 2 trimmers, hedge trimmer chain saw. Not sure to to hang equipment so it stays during transit. Any pictures would be helpful also. Thanx :blob2:

I've had great luck with these guy's from Home Depot. Cheap and work great.

Doc Pete
08-28-2003, 11:18 PM
more

Doc Pete
08-28-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Switchless@aol.com
more

twins_lawn_care
08-29-2003, 10:23 AM
those calmps look like a great idea. I am going to try and use them in our van. Just starting out, so We'll try to get some before/after pics up to check out.
Thanks for the tip!

Doc Pete
08-29-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by twins_lawn_care
those calmps look like a great idea. I am going to try and use them in our van. Just starting out, so We'll try to get some before/after pics up to check out.
Thanks for the tip!

Just check out the clamp pic. You'll want to cut about 3/4" off of one end of each clamp end. This allows the clamp to close down on the round stuff.
Good luck,
Pete

tsh1773
08-29-2003, 11:31 AM
Switchless: What do you use to anchor the 2x4s to the wall? I see the metal braces but what type of wall anchors do you use with the hollow wall of the trailer? Thanks.

tsh1773
08-29-2003, 11:33 AM
Also what do you use to hold the blowers in place?

Doc Pete
08-29-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by tsh1773
Switchless: What do you use to anchor the 2x4s to the wall? I see the metal braces but what type of wall anchors do you use with the hollow wall of the trailer? Thanks.

Just to be sure, I glued, then used 4" lag screws on the 2x4, then added the small angle braces.....

Doc Pete
08-29-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by tsh1773
Also what do you use to hold the blowers in place?

I had it mounted and it was more trouble than it was worth. It has to come out for every lawn, so I just leave it on the side. It's much easier and faster, at least for me.

Heron Cove PM
08-29-2003, 06:58 PM
I use every thing from Green Touch. I will try to get you some pics. Here is their link

http://www.green-touch.com/

On the go
09-02-2003, 11:00 AM
Thanx all.
Hey Switchless I think I'm going with the Home Chepo idea.
Looks pretty sturdy and I think it will do the job.
I was wondering, I saw your side door on another post.
I just have the rear door with a small side door.
Which is ok for me but I was wondering about the piece of wood you have extending off the bottom of the side door. Everytime I pull my mowers out the drop is to steep and I keep rubbing the bottom of mowers on the metal trim and scuffing it up.
How does your's work with closing the door?
Thanx for and suggestions again. Gotta Go !!!!!!!!!!!

Doc Pete
09-02-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by On the go
Which is ok for me but I was wondering about the piece of wood you have extending off the bottom of the side door. Everytime I pull my mowers out the drop is to steep and I keep rubbing the bottom of mowers on the metal trim and scuffing it up.
How does your's work with closing the door?

Mine works fine. I'm not scuffing anything, however I'm cutting at 3", which may keep the deck higher off the ground.

A1 Grass
09-02-2003, 06:07 PM
Switchless, your clamp-rack is ingenious!

Consider your idea stolen!

I currently use shelf brackets with 2x4's on top w/u-shaped tool holders screwed into the top. Overkill compared to yours! I will be installing something like yours asap - I'll post pics!

pokemon
09-02-2003, 06:47 PM
Switchless, your clamp rack is awesome. I remember your pic from another thread and went down to Home Cheapo and bought at least 20 clamps so I can duplicate your storage rack system in my box truck version of the super lawn truck. This site is overflowing with all kind of ideas keep up the good work

Dennis

pokemon
09-02-2003, 07:40 PM
Switchless, your clamp rack is awesome. I remember your pic from another thread and went down to Home Cheapo and bought at least 20 clamps so I can duplicate your storage rack system in my box truck version of the super lawn truck. This site is overflowing with all kind of ideas keep up the good work

Dennis

On the go
09-03-2003, 05:27 PM
I finished installing all my equipment today.
Looks great too!! The only problem is I cant upload any pictures.
I do it at other sites all the time but for some reason I dont see the browse button so I can upload pictures. If anybody knows what's wrong please let me know. Thanx.