PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Removal Flyer?

kclawnfirm
08-29-2003, 10:41 AM
Any thoughts? I was thinking about putting out flyers for leaf removal. Is this a good idea. I'm on a limited budget so I was thinking of doing a horizontal half page on yellow paper. What if I put "Free Leaf Removal". Anyone who uses my services and then refers someone would get their next removal for free. Also what is a fair hourly rate. I was thinking if a job took two hours to charge between $70 and $80 for the job. Is that to low or to high. If you have any advice or examples of flyers that have worked for you, it would be a great help to me.

Thanks,
John

MacLawnCo
08-30-2003, 12:06 AM
search and you will find more than can be read in one night

LawnLad
08-30-2003, 10:53 AM
Anytime you need more business, or anticipate wanting more business, flyers can be a good way to gain name recognition. You'll certainly generate some impulse calls.

Here is a flyer we used several years back. While the crews were out working if there was a slow moment where they were in limbo, they were to deliver flyers to neighbors of existing customers. We put out several hundred and got some decent work out of it. Don't recall how much exactly, but I felt as it was worth the effort. The problem though was distribution. If I had dedicated someone to delivering the flyers we would have received a higher respnose rate, but it wasn't feasible and nor did we have the available time in our schedule to take on a boat load of business at the time. A few extra jobs to fill in the holes was a nice bonus.

Team Gopher
08-30-2003, 03:46 PM
Hi KC,

There are a lot of threads on this topic. Here are a few.

My flyer... (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39254)

Flyer work (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47487)

Check out my flyer (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48488)

Advice for marketing (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47646)

another flyer critique (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38674)

kclawnfirm
08-31-2003, 09:49 AM
actually there is not a whole lot on this (fall cleanup flyer) subject. There was one thread that had about 100 responses but mostly about flyers that didn't really talk about fall cleanup. I only have microsoft word right now, can anyone put up some examples of cleanup flyers that have done well for them?

Thank you,
John

kclawnfirm
08-31-2003, 04:17 PM
I've attached my flyer. It's in Word. I don't have a scanner so you'll have to oepn it. You don't have to download it to look at it, just choose open when the box comes up. Please critique it, I don't care how bad it is. I plan on printing on yellow paper.

Thanks,
John

MacLawnCo
08-31-2003, 11:40 PM
Its not bad, but its not phenominal. You may want to re examine for punctuation...there are a few commas missing. Try going over to the Turf Marketing . com forum and see whats in there.

kclawnfirm
09-01-2003, 09:37 AM
MaclawnCo,

Thank you for looking at the flyer. Do you mean I should add a different image. That's the only thing I could really find at Turf Marketing was images. My wife will fix all the grammer stuff. What about the wording. I don't want okay, I need to do phenominal as far as wording goes. It's the only thing to get business because I'm on a limited budget.

John

MacLawnCo
09-01-2003, 12:43 PM
John,

All the flyers, doorhangers, and other promotional material that i have made are all in color on full glossy paper stock. In my experience, it really makes them stand out. For example, when i did doorhangers this spring, they were passed out to every one in certain neighborhoods, including some friends of the family. Two friends commented on how amazingly good the materials looked...to the point that they could not believe i was responsible for them. These comments lead me to believe that the quality of the pieces were responsible for my higher than normal results. That was all that i meant by suggesting turfmarketing.com. Color adds such debth to the materials. Even a nice "post card" type picture of an assortment of colorful leaves in the background would be awesome on your piece.

Give me your email and ill show you what i have used in the past.

kclawnfirm
09-02-2003, 09:00 AM
MacLawnCo,

Thank you for your help and info. My email is kclawnfirm@yahoo.com.

bruces
09-02-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by kclawnfirm
Any thoughts? I was thinking about putting out flyers for leaf removal. Is this a good idea. I'm on a limited budget so I was thinking of doing a horizontal half page on yellow paper. What if I put "Free Leaf Removal". Anyone who uses my services and then refers someone would get their next removal for free. Also what is a fair hourly rate. I was thinking if a job took two hours to charge between $70 and $80 for the job. Is that to low or to high. If you have any advice or examples of flyers that have worked for you, it would be a great help to me.

Thanks,
John

No free services! Give a referral discount or coupon of some kind, but don't give away free!

Also, most of the time, leaf removal is a once a year event for people.

Also, I wouldn't emphasize price so much. Get a decent price for your work so you can make a profit and stay in business.

mtdman
09-05-2003, 01:38 AM
Target older people. They always need help with yard stuff. Find a seniors center and try to get them to let you put up fliers.

I have found that using fliers on telephone poles have worked great for me. The kind with a tear off with the phone # on it. My town allows that kind of advertising, and people pay attention to the fliers. It's mostly how I got my start. I also put up large 11 X 17 signs with my name, phone number, and "Leaf Clean Up" on it. Just to catch attention. When you put up signs like that, keep it simple and make the lettering as big as possible.

:D