PDA

View Full Version : PRICING COMMERCIAL PROPERTIES

PHD
10-08-2000, 01:59 PM
I AM GETTING READY TO PHASE INTO COMERCIAL PROPERTIES AND NEEDED SOME ADVICE ON PRICING. SHOULD YOU LOOK AT COMERCIAL PROPERTIES DIFFERNT THAN RESIDENTIAL AS FAR AS TIME AND MONEY? ARE THERE ANY BASIC GUIDLEINES OR THINGS TO WATCH OUT FOR WHEN APROACHING A COMERCIAL PROPERTY? THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.

1stclasslawns
10-08-2000, 02:29 PM
Well, I may be and am probly wrong acording to tothers on the forum, but I have several and have bid on lots more. The thing that I have looked at most is to be sure and not under bid them, because your locked into a contract, if you cut corners it'll catch up with you, in lost bussiness and and lost profits.
It's also hard to raise the bid once it is set, I have had costumers tell me I'm too high, I've told them that I "might" be able to come down some but I'd have to actually mow so I can know just what I'm getting into.
I gotten several that way and I've not regreted it. Jim

Tyler Nash
11-13-2000, 06:18 PM
Hey you from PHD! Next time you type a post, turn off your caps lock. That is very annoying and extremely difficult to read. In my old age, it is tough on my eyes.

Hey man, take care! Thanks for the beer on Saturday.
Go Bucks!

CCLC
11-13-2000, 09:50 PM
We look at our commercial properties and apartment complexes a little different. We have to bid them just right. It is like the stock market. You either win a little or lose big. You should pay as much attention to detail at a residential as you do a commercial. That is a given but your exposure at a commercial is much greater. There are more people, beds, windows, and CARS around. Take all of that into consideration. What will you have to do to keep grass off of the cars? low windows?

I always take a mowing crew person with me on these bids just to make sure all the t's are crossed and i's are dotted. You will see things that they won't and they will see things that you don't.

Greenkeepers
11-13-2000, 10:06 PM
Go as high as you the market can support. It's better to loose the job than your but...... As Natural said it's better if you can get a "feel" for it first by cutting it but some places don't want you too...

Mike
Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers
11-13-2000, 10:08 PM
Remember:

Don't half a** those apartment complex's either. The majority of those people become home owners and they will remember if you did a bad job or not..

Mike
Greenkeepers