PDA

View Full Version : anyone LineX/Rhinoliner a dump insert??

LawnSmith
08-30-2003, 01:30 PM
after lots of research, phone calls, emails, etc., i decided to get a EZ-Dump Insert for my truck. i was wondering if anyone ever had the bottom and sides of their dump beds lined w/ spray on bedliner? all of my trucks have always had Rhinoliner brand and i love it, but i havent seen it on any dump beds before. i cant actually think of any disadvantages for it either as most of the dump inserts or dump beds i see that are 2+yrs old, are starting to rust out already.

cat320
08-30-2003, 10:02 PM
Take a look at this truck it's alittle biger than your talking.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2429795989&indexURL=3&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

LawnSmith
08-30-2003, 10:27 PM
that is sweet! from the pics it looks like LineX, dont you think? i like LineX as well although the nearest "dealer" isnt as close as the Rhinoliner guy and i get a great deal on beds otherwise, i wouldnt consider doing something as large as a dump insert.

MOOSE
08-31-2003, 12:32 PM
I too was wondering about lining a insert too! Plus I was thinkin of doing my dump trailer. It can't be that expensive. It sure would last alot longer.

mdb landscaping
08-31-2003, 07:33 PM
i lined my dump trailer....was a little leary at first about issues with material sliding out.....but it worked out great. i ended up selling the trailer about 2 years later and upgrading in size, but the spray in material held up great. i would definately recommend doing it. no rusting or scratched paint.

Grassmechanic
09-01-2003, 10:08 AM
I was reading sometime ago that the Rhinoliner was actually designed for the rail road industry. It was use to coat rail cars that carried corrosive materials, i.e. rock salt, fertilizer materials, etc. If that is the case, it would seem appropriate that it could be used to line a dump bed.

rookiemower
09-05-2003, 10:01 AM
company i work for rhino lined a service body for their service truck $500 including tops of tool boxs then truck was totalled one month later i have seen people rhino line their whole truck as a paintjob $expensive$ rhino lineing a dump body will definitaly increase lifespan

LawnSmith
09-05-2003, 04:47 PM
im all for it, im just waiting on the insert dump body now.

its a custom unit for a shortbed truck, should be here in like 3 weeks.

GLS
09-05-2003, 08:22 PM
Be sure to post some pics when it's all done:)

You'll love the insert. I use the heck out of mine. Who is custom building the insert?

Ryan

troblandscape
09-05-2003, 10:51 PM
Dump Insert..... one of the best thing I have ever bought good luck

Heron Cove PM
09-06-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by mdb landscaping
i lined my dump trailer....was a little leary at first about issues with material sliding out.....but it worked out great. i ended up selling the trailer about 2 years later and upgrading in size, but the spray in material held up great. i would definately recommend doing it. no rusting or scratched paint.

I was thinking the same thing (lining my dump insert). Now granted mdb has not had a problem (yet) with material getting stuck. The problem I see lies with the texture of the lining. You need the inside of that body as smooth as possible. I drove dump trucks for years and even one or two days worth of rust would make wet materials like soil, sand, even mulch stick to the body and not come out. So with a textured liner, I can see this being a big problem. I was told once by LineX, that the product actually comes out smooth and they add the texture. That sounded a little fishy to me; kinda like a sales pitch. Anyways, I've seen a lot of things sprayed including the inside of a salt spreader. The benefits would be phenomenal. But trust me, you get a wet glop of mud in that thing and it doesn't want to come out, you're gonna be PISSED!

Marshall

mdb landscaping
09-06-2003, 04:34 PM
most companies do add the texture to the "slurry" when spraying. you can have one sprayed in totally smooth, but since they were developed for truck beds, people wanted some texture to prevent stuff from sliding on the material.

LawnSmith
09-07-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by 0ryan0
Be sure to post some pics when it's all done:)

You'll love the insert. I use the heck out of mine. Who is custom building the insert?

Ryan

we have a single axle dump but for tight places or areas that are wet, the single axle can be a little much. this custom bed is being made by EzDumper, i say custom because the dealer had to take measurments of my specific truck.

this is going in a '00 2500 chev and primarily because of its ability to get into tight spaces and not worry about getting stuck in 1" of mud.

for small mulch jobs we shovel from the bed of several pick ups, all lined w/ rhinoliner. it is different than a stock bed or even a bedliner but the pros out weigh the cons X10 IMO.

we originally thought of doing our single axle dump bed but its in such bad shape already, why spend a few hundred on it? LOL.