PDA

View Full Version : rate my newspaper ad

Pro Cut
08-31-2003, 08:35 PM
does any1 have any advice for my newpaper ad im going to put out this week...and how long do i keep it in the paper. anything else i can add?

thanx

rodfather
08-31-2003, 09:59 PM
You don't need to use the word "today" twice in the same sentence. Get rid of one or preferable both IMO.

Team Gopher
09-01-2003, 01:06 PM
Hi Pro Cut,

For more research into newspaper articles, here are two interesting threads.

Thoughts on my ad? (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50323)

Need ad headline help (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50733)

AztlanLC
09-02-2003, 09:21 AM
I think he's trying to make people undestard that if they call, he'll be there right away, which is good I think, if you are sure you'll be able to do that is a good strategy, there's alot of people who often hate calling someone and not hear from them for couple of days, or being told that it would take couple of days before they can get an stimate, I called this sprinklre guy long time ago it took him about 3 days to call me back, the he said he would call back to set up an appointment, another month, then he call to cancel the appointment and the third time I told'em just to forget it.

One of my policies is (lawn maintenance) next day, if posible the same day I get the call, Landscaping set up a date, and give an idea on price the same day, if sounds good, comeback with the final estimate within one week or 2 for design (small of course)

Leave the ad for as long as you can pay for it, as long as you get work from it.

Specify the areas where you're willing to work, unless is a local newspaper.

Some kind of catch, (discount, promotion, etc.)

walker-talker
09-02-2003, 04:48 PM
i just took an ad out Friday.....heres what mine looks like

VERTICUT/AERATE
Free Estimates 555-1234

Paid for itself on the first job.

MATT

Green in Idaho
09-03-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by walker-talker
i just took an ad out Friday.....heres what mine looks like

VERTICUT/AERATE
Free Estimates 555-1234

Paid for itself on the first job.

MATT

I'm curious how you get to the point of paying for itself on the first job? Based on what?

Ad price.
Gross sale of first job
Net profit of first job
portion of net profit allocated to advertising

What do you mean on that and what's the math?

GLAN
09-03-2003, 10:09 AM
more than likely the profit paid for the add

walker-talker
09-03-2003, 03:42 PM
$340 Gross
-$40 Materials
-$60 Cost of running equipment

=$240 to pay for other expenses....fuel, insurance, and other. I do this part-time, so I don't pay myself a dime. Everything goes back into the business.

The ad cost me $111

My point was, it does not take a large and expensive ad to get the phone to ring. Others might be in different situations though.

MATT

Green in Idaho
09-03-2003, 03:57 PM
thanks for clarifying that.