PDA

View Full Version : does anybody do this?

fblandscape
09-02-2003, 03:04 PM
I have a policy about billing new clients and was wondering if anybody else does this. When I do work for the first time for a client I get paid either that day, or the next. After they have paid me for the first service, whatever that may be I will start them on another plan of their choosing. That may mean I get paid once at the end of the month, or every couple of weeks, or just send them a bill once the total gets high enough, whatever. There have probably only been a handful of times where I have not been paid upon first servicing an account. The one that sticks out in my mind from the past was that I was told up front that the client cuts their checks on the last day of the month.

Does anybody do anything similar to that? I find that it helps me to find out who is going to be a big problem with money or what not in the future.

Team Gopher
09-02-2003, 05:32 PM
Hi Fblandscape,

That sounds like an interesting idea to feel the customer out. If you can, please let us know how that works after you try it for a bit.

fblandscape
09-02-2003, 07:08 PM
Gopher, I am dropping a $425 a cut account because they still haven't paid me for the work I did last week. First service....

paponte
09-02-2003, 07:29 PM
I always get a signed contract and paid either before, or the same day after completion of the first cut. After that I will bill them for maintenance ONLY on a monthly basis. I will not bill them for anything other than maintenance. I also state that any 2 late payments within a season will resort them to a cahs only basis. :cool:

lawnman_scott
09-02-2003, 11:41 PM
I bill monthly, and get the first month in advance for everyone, except some commercial customers that are well known, national chains.

mower_babe
09-03-2003, 02:04 AM
billed monthly, due 10 days. should do more contracts.

tiedeman
09-04-2003, 01:18 AM
I bill customers usually every 3 weeks, within the due date, depends on what time they receive the bill, but most have 18 to 21 days to pay.

Rob's Lawn Care
09-04-2003, 07:01 PM
I get a signed agreement and a check for the first time i cut when i finish. After that it's monthly billing up to $500, then it's billed every 2 weeks.Relays to them what i expect in a good paying customer i think. :)

GLAN
09-04-2003, 08:13 PM
Billed monthly, due on receipt. Extension is only till I process the next billing. Then we suspend service. (started this this year)

And the strange thing is I have more people now stretching.......