PDA

View Full Version : pesky neighbors

ScagMe
09-02-2003, 03:35 PM
How do I deal with the neighbors of the people who I am mowing for? For example: I was mowing, and the neighbor was leaving her house and wanted me to stop mowing while she got into her vehicle because she claimed I was stirring up too much dust & grass. Another example: Neighbors complaining about grass being blown into the street, claiming it's being blown onto "their side of the street".:angry:

J&R
09-02-2003, 04:30 PM
Tell then I am a Pro at this heres my # when you get back if theres grass in the street call me. Then tell then i know you never will call. and about getting in her call tell her don't start up your call you can't stand any more flumes.

J&R
09-02-2003, 04:33 PM
Also i neen to learn to type car instead of call.

Jusmowin
09-06-2003, 11:33 PM
Just give a smile and wave and go about your work. I hate when people stop me while Im working and want to talk or complain about B.S. stuff..........But thats jst me!

grass_cuttin_fool
09-07-2003, 04:37 PM
well in this bizz you need to be kind as you can be because that neighbor could possiably be your next customer,I try not to leave grass in the street but blow it back on the yard i just cut, and if you have to wait a minute or two for some one to get in a car thats not too bad, learn to smile and bear it, he he, i know its frustrating at times but thats life

m&m
10-28-2003, 11:57 PM
i always blow off the streets before i leave......if it was clean when i got there it is clean when i leave there......thats just how i do it....as for car, well if i am blwoing away from her /him and nowhere near them, then i may keep on going...otherwise i will stop for them to get in car..........only takes a second

MacLawnCo
10-29-2003, 12:04 AM
Dont get me started about Ahole neighbors. I pressed assault charges on one the week of july 4th this year. It was not pretty.

Grassmechanic
10-29-2003, 07:02 AM
Mac - change your avatar - that is plain nasty

craigs lawncare
11-02-2003, 07:46 AM
I was just getting ready to eat breakfast. :dizzy:

Craig

MacLawnCo
11-02-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by craigs lawncare
I was just getting ready to eat breakfast. :dizzy:

Craig

want a date?---shes always hungry. haha

Del9175
11-08-2003, 09:17 PM
I haven't had any problems with neighbors that I remember, but if I ever have one giving me grief, I'll calmly ask them if the could pay me today for the work I'm doing. I think they will get the hint.

JTHutch
11-17-2003, 10:23 PM
I had a lady 3 weeks in a row tell me that I cracked her drive way by driving up it to get to the lawn. She stoped me each time to tell me to not use her drive way. I never even used her drive way to get to the yard and she couldn't understand that I would drive down the street to my customers yard to gain access. Then I said even if I did use your drive way my mower does not weigh as much as your car and she has the nerve to tell me that they don't drive on that side of the drive way I just laughed at her and crancked up the mower and went on my way. We went around around each time on this and finally now she just watches out the window each week and I wave at her as I drive down the street. I guess my point is some people will never get it and just want to *****.

Itsgottobegreen
04-14-2004, 10:54 AM
I am never doing any more work for a next door neighbor. Every body in the neighborhood is ok. I Knew they were hurting for money. But they needed their front yard to stop flooding. So i told them i would clear the brush and dig the ditch for $600 to be neighborly. I told them i work on it when i can. Its been 2 months since i started. I work on it for an hour here and there. Now they keep calling asking when i be done. I told him hey i doing you a favor, that was you get for $600. His wife came up to me yesterday and chewed me out for telling her husband that i slapped him in the face for saying he you getting it for $600 so just be patient. That i told him i could have gotten more for the job, but i was being nice and doing it more as a favor. She told me thats not how you run a business. Telling people one price and what you should be getting. My coment back was, This is not a Will's lawn care job, just Will your nice neighbor with a lot of toys who wants to play with them. I don't want to even finish it now. But i need the money. I not going to do my normal 120% job, just a 60% half ass job. ARRRGGGGGGGGGG The other 3 neighors are nice. I do work for one. The other two i trade work for work. (one owns a repair shop, the other has equipment i borrow for work)