PDA

View Full Version : H&h $?

PaulJ
09-03-2003, 01:48 AM
HOw does $800 sound for a 5'X12' H&H single axle trailer w/12" sides and ramp gate? I have about outgrown the 5x8 I have been using and 5'x 12' is about as big as I can go and still be able to back it into my storage unit and close the door. If I want to go 6' wide I will have to get a different storage unit and they are hard to find around here with enough room in front to manuver a truck to back a trailer in. So I am looking into 5 x 12 and found an H & H for $800. What do you think?

Sorry I got long winded.

MacLawnCo
09-04-2003, 12:11 AM
sounds like a great deal considering the quality you will get from H&H. Its new right?

PaulJ
09-09-2003, 12:31 PM
I've haed another htought on trailers.
Does any one make a trailer using the axel width of the 5 footers but with the deck going to the outside of the whels with the fenders inside the rails. Baisicly a 6.5' wide deck but the fenders are no wider than the deck.

|-------------------------------|-/
|--------____-----------------|/
|_____|___|___________|

Something like this. Then I would box in the area in front of the fenders for holding gas cans and hand blowers etc.. but have a wider deck behind the wheels. I am trying to get the most in length and width out of a limited space.
does any one build something like this or am I going to have to look into custom built? or just get the H&H and forget it?

PaulJ
09-09-2003, 12:40 PM
Sorry my picture didn't turn out to well.

HarryD
09-11-2003, 12:13 AM
Paul talk to your H&H dealer they can custom build just about anything you want. there is a big H&H dealer in elmwood just east of lincoln

PaulJ
10-10-2003, 11:56 PM
I've got a new idea for a trailer. To maximize deck space and minimize overall width. A 6.5' X 12' deck with an axel or two from a 5'side trailer. Using the small wheels like on snowmobile trailers and keeping the wheels completely under the deck. I would probably want to make it a tandem with the small wheels to keep the deck height down. Does that make any sense? I might call H&H and see if they are interested in baling one and at what$$$.
Or I might try to have a local guy build it or maybe modify an existing trailer. andy thoughts?

EagleLandscape
10-11-2003, 01:27 AM
too much. for 1000 im getting a brand new 16' x 6.5' tandem with 5 ft sides and roolbox up front with ramp gate.

i got my current 5x10 with 4ft sides for 600

PaulJ
10-16-2003, 05:13 AM
Sorry but That's just to big for where I have to put it right now. that's my big limiting factor , where I park this thing. (10' x 20' ) storage unit. The door is under 9' wide. And I need to be able to walk down on side. Also I like to pull a trailer the isn' much wider than my pickup so I can park close to the curb.