PDA

View Full Version : Proposal Question

MDScpr
09-05-2003, 02:57 PM
If I plan on subbing out chemical application to another company, should I state my intention in the proposal? If so, how would I go about wording it?

"If awarded this maintenance contract, Maryland Landscape and Maintenance, LLC reserves the right to subcontract the application of chemicals to all common areas. Said subcontractor will posess and be prepared to submit proof of all required licensing and insurance."

Thanks for any input.

cklands
09-05-2003, 05:50 PM
I would only state that the apps are going to be subbed out if they ask or if it states in the bid specs that any work being subbed out must first be OK'd. I have a fert company that does all my apps. I know how he charges and comes up with the price. When I am out I just add his price in (plus some for myself). I send the bill to the customer and he sends me a bill. There have only been a few times that someone has asked why his truck has a different name. The customer really shouldn.t care as long as the lawn is green.
If they really have a problem with 2 different companies tell them that the App company is a division of your own.

Fantasy Lawns
09-06-2003, 07:07 PM
FANTASY LAWNS INC. will perform these services as an independent contractor and in a manner considered reasonable. It will provide labor and equipment to perform the work as outlined in the Statement of Work. Work will be performed in a safe, professional and expeditious manner; and it may employ assistants and subcontract for services. ALL Workers while on Medianís shall wear reflective Safety Vest.

This is a part of our "legal" statement

LawnLad
09-06-2003, 09:16 PM
Some standard language I've read over time states...

"The customer shall not interefere with employees, subcontractors, xxx, xxx while performing the contract."

Who's to say you're not going to use subs, but I dont' think you need to specify; at some point you may choose to do it yourself.

JML
09-06-2003, 09:55 PM
If I were to sub out all my apps to another company, I would def. want the customer to know someone is doing it. What happens if they mess up and kill the whole lawn or an animal??

MDScpr
09-08-2003, 09:26 AM
We will sub to someone like Chem Lawn or SS. Don't have the licensing yet to do the application, so there is no question as to whether or not we will be subbing it out. Any damage to property, animals, plant etc. will be the burden of me first, then a burden of my sub.