PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Decorating

mc752000
09-06-2003, 07:44 AM
Do any of you all do christmas decorating for the holiday's? Like hang lights, put up figurines you know decorations in yards and houses and what is your average cost for something like that. I am thinking about doing that in the winter. Thanks for the help!!

GLAN
09-06-2003, 08:06 AM
We don't do for customers

Had some neighbors offer to pay me to do theirs but they never wait till I can get there.

You can charge by the hour, by the set or by the linear foot.

If noone else here can offer legit pricing scale. Then why not try it this coming Holiday Season, using one of the pricing methods above?

Remember you have to remove them after the Holidays.........:)

nelbuts
09-06-2003, 10:43 AM
Funny you mentioned that as it is my hobby. I have made over 150 lawn figures for my own lawn. From 8' toy soldiers, big looney tune characters, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Seasons Greetings spelled out in 3' letters. Mad a dozen old street lights and tons of other things. Will have about 40 to 50 thousand lights this year. It is massive. Funniest thing is a cow pulling santa in a sleigh. As far as charging anyone I don't do other houses. Lights are a PIA to monitor for keeping them lite. Besides I get enjoyment out of mine and I am afraid to do others would take that away.

However, keep in mind that if you make and build these yourself that the time involved is extensive. One toy soldier start to finish was 10 hours.

I will try to post some pics this year.

GLAN
09-06-2003, 11:33 AM
Yeah pics would be great...........thanks

Myself I do just the small white lights. But do the Pine ropping wraped with lights and nice bows........:)

I'll take some pics this year also

MacLawnCo
09-07-2003, 10:43 PM
look into www.christmasdecor.com nice company, too bad its franchised

Black Water
09-07-2003, 10:54 PM
Aaaa yes, the meter box wheel spins swiftly at the Black Water residence during december too.

luminarias
06-10-2006, 01:29 AM
I just found this site and would be interested in starting dialogue with any one interested. I bought a holiday decor business, and double its size in the first year.

I'm interested in talking about what others are doing, sharing ideas, and finding vendors to buy things from.

In particular, does anyone make their own lawn figures? Would you be willing to share/sell your templates of reduplicating them? Or build to sale? Although the majority of my clients are Commercial, we do Residential and this is one area I'd like to increase business this coming year.

Another thing I buy tons of are clear strings of lights (100-300 lights per string)....does anyone have a Vendor that sales this stuff cheap?

Thanks,
Adam
Adam@LuminariasLimited.com