PDA

View Full Version : 36" snapper hydro

T.E.
09-10-2003, 12:06 AM
I have a 99 model snapper hydro that I need a bag for what is the cost for one of these? Also is there any thing special about these baggers? Thanks Tony

PeterA
09-10-2003, 02:16 AM
Tony,
We do have a catcher for the older snapper mowers. They did change their deck style a bit 2 years ago. The newer deck has a pre-drilled hole at the front of the lip, and the opening is not flush anymore. In our part listing you would use the GCDN or the GCDNXL. I would suggest you give me a call (800-984-9410) and we can make you the older style GCSN catcher which will be a bit easier to mount. We donŐt have it in our part listing anymore since the GCDN fits the newer Snappers quite well, and can be adapted to fit the older ones as well.
As for what is special about our catchers, I would highlight a few points. First, I think the design of our catcher is more elegant and easier to use than that of the competing units. We pay greater attention to things like handle design and ease of dumping. We also use good quality aluminum in our construction. When you think about the environment the catcher is used in, aluminum makes a lot of sense. We also pay a lot of attention to correct fit-up and ease of attachment. Many catcher setups require the use of a mounting plate that stays on the mower even when the catcher is removed. You can of course take the plate off, but it is not as convenient as our setup.
The main drawback to our catcher is price. You will find many catcher options that cost less. You can get a steel catcher for as low as $175.00 in some areas (a made in China unit). There are also cloth catchers that cost anywhere from $150.00 to 250.00. Our catcher, in contrast, costs closer to $350.00. It was my decision when I started Accelerator to make a catcher aimed at the top of the market, as I didnŐt want to skimp on the quality or features. I know that not everyone will buy our catcher, but my guys and I have done our best to build a product that will make your job a bit easier.

Peter

locutus
09-10-2003, 09:19 PM
tony, bite the bullet and buy this catcher. i have the larger xl model and have no regrets.

scottishmaximus
09-14-2003, 02:07 PM
I really like the handle that runs the full length of the catcher. It's very convenient. None of the others that i looked at have it.