PDA

View Full Version : Has any one used Post cards to solicite?

sildoc
09-12-2003, 10:35 PM
Just curious if anyone has use post cards to solicite for commercial and higher end communities?
I have serched the web and have found some(cant remember where right now) for 33.33 for 250 of them. Ad a stamp for 23cents and you have an advertisment to specific customers for 37 cents. that is cheaper than a regular stamp to put on a letter.
Trying new ideas for the upcoming year and would like feed back on this and others.
thanks in advance.

Team Gopher
09-13-2003, 08:58 PM
Hi Sildoc,

Here are two posts that deal with postcards.

Give me your thoughts on my new ad (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52261)

Mailing Postcards (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50495)

MrBarefoot
09-13-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by sildoc
Just curious if anyone has use post cards to solicite for commercial and higher end communities? ...

I have used postcards, targeted at "known consumers of lawn service". By that I mean I get a list of addresses of people who already have a lawn service and then mail them a postcard with a coupon.

I don't mail in large enough quantities to justify going bulk mail. So I spring for the $.23 stamp. My printing costs are about $.05 a postcard.

We address them ourselves and then drop them of at the post office.

MacLawnCo
09-13-2003, 11:25 PM
Barefoot,

how have your responses been when doing the described method?

tiedeman
09-14-2003, 01:53 AM
I have used postcards in the past, and not a very good response rate from them.

Like I have said before, the best response rate is from referrals

MrBarefoot
09-14-2003, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by MacLawnCo
...how have your responses been when doing the described method?

Good, over 10%. Retention of those customers is a little difficult since they tend to be the type to shop around and switch for slight savings.

In my opinion, worth it in the short run.

I will agree that referrals is a better source of sales.