PDA

View Full Version : Dietary Suplements

Green in Idaho
09-15-2003, 09:05 PM
Of those promoting organic methods, who takes dietary supplemnents?

As in daily vitamins? Vitamin C when you're sick, Echinacea, vitamin mineral tablets? With all the Herbalife going on now a days and such, I am sure there are some out there?

If you do, consider your supplemental 'pills' very much the same as applying synthesised (sp) on turf, or using chems to cure plant ailments...

What cha think?

dan deutekom
09-15-2003, 09:42 PM
:rolleyes:
You must be a :jester:
My only organics are:drinkup:

Green in Idaho
09-15-2003, 09:46 PM
Dan I think you missed my point. Already popping a cold one, eh????

Soon here.

woodycrest
09-15-2003, 10:01 PM
I take multiple vitamin and vitamin c.

To be truly organic, i guess i would have to plan my meals so that i get the 'reccomended' daily intake of all the nutrients my body needs. But that is a bit unrealistic i think.

As far as that theory relates to organic lawn care, ummmm...i suppose that makes sense...but it's a bit of a stretch...

yardmonkey
09-15-2003, 10:03 PM
Good point. Maybe - or is this yet another attempt to convince everyone that organic lawncare is impractical, impossible and ridiculous? (And quite a bit "off-topic").

I take a multivitamin daily. It is a high-quality one that I get from the health food store - no comparison to One-A-Day chemical vitamins from the drug store. But sure its a supplement, and like everything in the world, its made of chemicals. And would not be necessary (maybe it isn't anyway) if I ate wholesome foods everyday. But you see, they don't grow wholesome foods anymore. Most of what people eat now is processed and put into cans and stuff at factories, where all kinds of chemicals are added. And if you want to eat fresh foods, too bad, its all grown with pesticides, chemical ferts, etc.

Ever grow a tomato? No comparison to the ones in the store.

I think a better analogy would be that people who take piles of prescription and over-the-counter drugs every day are like lawns treated with chemicals. And people who try to eat well and exercise and who maybe take a vitamin supplement are like lawns that get their nutrients from good soil and maybe get a supplemental shot of organic fert now and then.

Dchall_San_Antonio
09-16-2003, 03:12 AM
Hey, Green. I'm sorry but I'm dense sometimes. What was your point again?