PDA

View Full Version : My Aeration Sign (That Works!)

mtdman
09-15-2003, 11:04 PM
This is one of my street signs I had made for Aeration advertising. They are 24 by 24 coroplast and go into the ground on H frame stakes. I was supposed to get them double sided, but they screwed up the order twice and gave me this batch for free. I have a batch of double sided signs coming. I placed them around the area at intersections, on and off ramps, and highly visible areas. Calls for estimates have finally started to roll in, and from what I can tell these signs are what are pulling in the calls. I've got a radio ad, handed out fliers, and these signs for aeration advertising. These guys seem to doing the job.

I personally thought they turned out really well. They stand out and grab your attention along the side of the road. I purchased them from a company I work for in the winter, they do directional signs for new real estate, as well as commercial signs like these. I've got a design on order for Fall Leaf Clean Up as well.

:D

GLAN
09-15-2003, 11:10 PM
Very nice

Team Gopher
09-15-2003, 11:24 PM
I like it too!

mtdman
09-16-2003, 12:14 AM
It was supposed to say "Aeration with TJ's Lawn Care" but they messed that up, as well. They spelled Aeration wrong the first time, too. Areation?

promower
09-16-2003, 12:46 AM
Looks great, can I ask how much and who did it?

Hole in 1
09-16-2003, 02:00 AM
nice!
What kind of response are you getting?

Jeff,
Hole in 1
Lawn Aeration

walker-talker
09-16-2003, 09:37 AM
I too am interested in how much you paid for those signs?

I am going to make my own. I was going to try and get them finished befroe aeration and overseeding season got here, but just running out of time. I have received my H stakes, 50 cloroplast signs and my screen, but now I am going to make it my winter project.

MATT

mtdman
09-16-2003, 09:31 PM
I got a big discount because I work for the company in the winter. I don't really feel that I should say what I paid, but I think they normally run at about $12 per sign for 50. That includes H stakes. The company will design for you, and they ship all over. If people are interested, drop me an email and I will put you in touch. I don't want to post phone #s or email here, I think it's against the rules. These things are really bringing in the business. I got 12 calls today alone.

thomas@tjslawncare.com

mtdman
09-16-2003, 10:00 PM
Here's the design for the leaf clean up sign I've got ordered now.

Navig8r
09-21-2003, 10:19 AM
Your lucky they only mis-spelled aeration slightly the first time..... guy I used to work for had card printed... told the guy what he wanted listed...... card said:

Mowing, clean-ups, dethatching, air raiding............

OOPS!

JML
09-21-2003, 11:42 AM
I had business cards made up with landscraping once...
I got my signs at http://www.precisionsignz.com I think i only paid a few dollars a piece..

Green in Idaho
09-21-2003, 12:49 PM
Tom,

Why the area code? Unless of course there are more than one in your service area?

Nice aearation sign.

I would think if it has been successful to duplicate it exactly with format.... name, # and all in the same placement....Just changing to "Give your lawn a sweep for fall clean-up."

Same image, different color,-- allows people to associate the two together instead of "is that the same outfit?"

mtdman
09-22-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Green in Idaho
Tom,

Why the area code? Unless of course there are more than one in your service area?

Nice aearation sign.

I would think if it has been successful to duplicate it exactly with format.... name, # and all in the same placement....Just changing to "Give your lawn a sweep for fall clean-up."

Same image, different color,-- allows people to associate the two together instead of "is that the same outfit?"

There's about 4 area codes in metro Detroit, with promises for 2 more to be introduced in the next few years. And often even in your own area, you have to dial the code. I've always included the area code in all advertising. As do most other businesses.

My leaf clean up sign emphasizes the work I am trying to get. The township does not do leaf pickup, the residents have to bag the leaves. I am trying to get those people who are tired of bagging leaves to pay me to vac them and take them away. Some people are willing to do the clean up, but not real happy about bagging them in those crappy brown recycle bags. I want to get those people, as well as the folks who want me to do the entire cleanup. I think the two signs are similar enough in design that they will recognize me.

Green in Idaho
09-22-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by mtdmaster
There's about 4 area codes in metro Detroit, with promises for 2 more to .

Aahh I see. That's funny to someone who comes from a state with only ONE area code for the whole state... :cool:

Good luck with the leaves.

mtdman
09-22-2003, 02:33 PM
I couldn't figure out why you would ask that at first, then I realized that Idaho must only have 1 area code. With all the fax machines and cell phones and pagers and new housing going up around here, area codes keep popping up like crazy. And that's just in the Detroit area. There are 4 other area codes alone in the state.

Thanks.