PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Bobcat 530 skidsteer

walker-talker
09-16-2003, 08:48 AM
I have a chance to place a silent bid on a Bobcat 530. Not sure what size of engine, but do know that it is gas powered. Also, not sure how many hours. I was told that the engine runs fine. Unit was manufactured between 1970-1975. From what I have collected is that it does a "bucking horse" thing when you start it and move it forward. it is tough to get into neutral to even get it started. I have been told that it could be clutch in hydrostatic transmission or somthing to do with the linkage. To have a professional fix I have been told anywhere from $1,000 to $3,000. Come with a 4ft smooth bucket (not in real good shape) and about a 6ft snow plow that moves left to right with the hydraulic hookups. Snow plow looks in decent shape. Minimum bid is $200.

Does anyone think there are too many unknowns to even place a bid on this item? I know a mechanic that will work on it free if I help and loan out to for a few months. I have heard through the grapevine that someone was going to bid $501. I was thinking that plow was worth close to that, not to mention if I just parted the thing out.

Has anyone owned a skidsteer that had similar problems?

Any and all opinions are welcomed. Bid has to be sumitted by Wednesday 7am. I thought about a $751 bid, but just not sure it would be worth it. Sounds like it might be a moneypit.

Let's hear what you think!!
MATT

General Landscaping
10-27-2005, 07:53 PM
How'd it go?
I'm in about the same position right now.... but I'm dealing with a known bad engine.
If you got it, do you like it?