PDA

View Full Version : Vermeer TS-44 tree spade

racerdave
09-16-2003, 11:00 PM
What kind of experiences do you all have with these? I've had one fall into my lap this summer and I'm really going to promote it this fall.

David

Dozer
12-22-2004, 09:10 AM
What kind of experiences do you all have with these? I've had one fall into my lap this summer and I'm really going to promote it this fall.

David
Just pulled up your thread on the vemeer TS-44, Mine is a TM<-44 trailer mount which I have used on jobs and in my nursery over the last 15 years. It is a older unit about a 1967 with a wisconsin engine. Has been very reliable and worked out great. I am looking to sell the unit and purchase a skid loader mount to fit on my Cat 277b trac loader. The trac loader will allow me to dig earier in the season and go on established lawns and not leave any tracs. The TS44 is very versitile for diging trees in the nursery. Good Luck Dozer

Tigerotor77W
12-23-2004, 11:50 AM
I can only remember seeing two types of tree spades in use -- SSL mounted and truck mounted. While I don't think the TS-44 is a bad way to make money, it seems like it might be awkward to manuever in certain situations. Where with a truck or SSL you can go directly where you want, the natural articulation of the unit may make it difficult to put exactly where you want it. Then again, I'm horrible with using trailers and can't really park anything where I want to. :lol:

They are good tools in general, however; probably not your tool of choice to plant 1,000 trees in a week, but definitely a good investment for occasional transport or nursery digs, as Dozer mentioned.