PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Monkey or Qxpress Users........

walker-talker
09-17-2003, 09:30 PM
I was wondering what you guys thought about the new "Keep My Plan Current" offer?

For those who don't know about it, Alocet is charging $295 a year for updates and upgrades. You have to pay by Dec. 1st, 2003. For every month there after you have to pay $295 plus $30 a month, but fee not to exceed the full price of the program.

I really like the program and after a year starting to find my way around fairly good. Although I just use it for scheduling and invoicing right now. I am probably using less than 10% of it's potential. As business progresses, I am sure I will use more, buy just debating if it's worth spending $295 a year!

Give me your thoughts

MATT

jkelton
09-17-2003, 11:12 PM
I think it is a good idea also - I wonder if this replaces the lease program (that is what I have done the past couple of years).

I'm in the same boat you are in as far as not using all its potential. I do use it for scheduling and keeping up with customer's accounts, but I do not keep up with all my accounting (as far as day-to-day expenses and payroll) with the program (LM 2003). I am planning on doing more of these functions with the program in the near future, but I would like to ask a question for those who have used both QXExpress and LM - which program bests suits your needs? Can LM do everything QXExpress and Quickbooks can do, or is the combination of QXExpress and Quickbooks much better? Thanks in advance for any info you may be able to provide.

Columbia Turf
09-18-2003, 01:46 AM
:rolleyes: I too was quite suprised by the announcement. It is true the longer you use the program, the more you do with it. I use QXExpress and quickbooks. Our set-up is really neat. I keep all daily scheduling and invoicing in my laptop and then we transfer it to the computer using quickbooks in the office to do hte accounts recievable and stuff.
I try to enter all daily times for job costing. You would be suprised at some of the information it might give you. We switched some crew members around and accually increased profit %.

I also cant say enough about Alocet! A couple months ago, my whole system crashed. No readable database whatsoever. Through my local computer guy, and the guys at Alocet, I got it all back. It is another expense but I think it is probably worth it.

walker-talker
09-18-2003, 11:51 AM
Thanks Columbia Turf, you helped me make a decision that I had been pondering lately. When I first purchased LM, I was told that I could upgrade to Qxpress within the first 12 months and just pay the difference, which would be $0 if I was to upgrade to Qxpress Gold. I do not use the accounting side of LM at all and have been debating purchasing Quickbooks. I think I will call Alocet now and see what they have to say.

Thanks again
MATT

Team Gopher
09-18-2003, 06:50 PM
WOW! What they charge each year is what our program costs!

AztlanLC
09-18-2003, 07:34 PM
Only you can decide what the program is worth for you, when it came the time to purchase one I went trought pretty much all, I think QBx is a real good program and worth it's price if it does what you need it to do.

For me it didn't the closest to my set up and needs was gopher, pretty easy and good program, my only complaing still the qb link.