PDA

View Full Version : reworked logo

GrassBlaster
09-18-2003, 03:31 PM
reworked my logo, what do you think?

This is for shirts, hats, cards, etc

SUGAR_CUT_MARK
09-18-2003, 04:59 PM
WOW! im impressed. much better than the last one!!

SUGAR_CUT_MARK
09-18-2003, 05:10 PM
I attached a JPG logo file, but it is choppy. any computer experts here that can help me out to fix this??

Team Gopher
09-18-2003, 06:46 PM
Hi Grassblaster,

I like this one better.

AztlanLC
09-18-2003, 07:09 PM
You want me to be honest?

Ok

I think looks ok., but the name combine with the mower is kind of scary, and not I'm not 65.

Are you new in the business?
Are you thinking to only do mowing?

If I had to redo my logo and name again I would listen to all the feedback, but didn't know about this site before.

A guy around my area has a landscape company of pretty good size, his logo is a simple "M" but he is pretty well known, easy to remember tough.

I always tough "Roots" would be a nice name for a lawn and lanscape company, (well after a year in business)

mtdman
09-19-2003, 01:23 AM
Change the slope of the letters to the other direction. It will make the letters look fast. Right now they look like they are leaning.

I never really had a logo. Same font and lettering, but no logo. I'm just not graphically inclined enough to make one. I have a clip art dude on a riding mower I used for my Tshirts and address labels, not really a logo. I don't think it has affected my business, but it might be nice to have one.

:D

Maybe I should use the Jack-o-lantern??

:D

mc752000
09-19-2003, 09:08 AM
I rather the other one!!!!!!!!!!

Green Finger
09-19-2003, 01:44 PM
Nice logo,

I need to upgrade my logo too.:blob4:

JimLewis
09-20-2003, 03:28 AM
That's a pretty good logo but I share the same concerns that AztlanLC does. Are you 100% certain you're always going to want to do just mowing??? I was 95% sure when I started. But boy was I wrong! After a few years of learning this business I soon found out that there is a LOT more to landscaping than just mowing. And the more you learn, the more money you make. And often, the other kinds of landscaping are more profitable (per man hour) than lawn care. If you would have asked me during my first 2-3 years I would have told you I only planned on ever doing maintenance. But looking back, I am very glad I was wrong about that.

So with that in mind, you may want to chose a name and logo that isn't so limiting. Something like "Landscaping Pros" or "Jones Landscape Services" or "Jones Landscape Industries" or "Jones Landscaping & Maintenance" or "Best Grounds Services" or whatever. Just something that is broad enough to allow you to expand down the road if you chose to.

This has the added benefit of making you sound a lot more professional as well.

LawnLad
09-21-2003, 12:05 AM
Choosing a name and designing a logo is something that takes careful thought and consideration and should be evaluated carefully as others have suggested.

A name should be memorable. It doesn't have to say what you do necessarily. It could be "Jones Company" with a tag line... "A landscape design, build and maintenance company". You can always change the tag line to accomodate your service offerings. You could also select a name that is more memorable - "Flying Elephants" or something completely off the wall that people will remember. Flying Elephants isn't a good example... but you could select something that is memorable and then apply the tag line. This will help to set you apart from the "Horizon" or "Primere", etc. type names (no offense to those with those names... there are just a number of them out there).

A logo should be scaleable. What makes AT&T, McDonalds, Apple and Dell Computer, HP, Fed Ex and the such all very memorable is that they work to brand their name or service in part through the use of their logos. You are doing the same thing locally where you work. You're branding an image - the image you want to create. Your name, logo, uniform, equipment, marketing, communications, etc. are all a part of the branding process. Your name and logo are critical to the process.

You might consider having your name be a little more vague - giving you options as your business grows. You might consider hiring a graphic design student or freelancer to design you a logo for a couple hundred bucks. They will be able to provide you with some different concept pieces that you will work with them to develop ultimately resulting in orginal art that will be uniquely your own.

Hopper1124
09-22-2003, 09:53 AM
Looks OK, but sounds a little unprofessional. Grass Blaster just dosen't seem to be someone I want in my yard, seems like someone flying around my lawn, People want someone to be concerned with their lawn and the word Blaster does not work well with that concept.

Just my thoughts good luck
Hopper

promower
09-23-2003, 01:24 AM
What LawnLad said and you might want to consider printing costs some designs can get expensive quick to reproduce.