PDA

View Full Version : Holiday greeting cards already?

kels
09-22-2003, 07:29 PM
Just received a magazine for holiday greeting cards, they have landscape specific ones, what do you think

http://www.nebs.com/NASApp/nebsEcat/products/subcategory.jsp?key1=MAIN+ST&key2=HOLID+SPEC&key3=MAIN+LAND

know of any others who offer this?

mower_babe
09-22-2003, 08:57 PM
we have done this for 5 years and get comments year round about it. Christmas time we go to Walmart and get our photo taken at the studio and get cards done with the pictures. As you may not know, a better part of my staff is family, so this works well. Customers love it. Just an idea, a little more personal than printed out cards, maybe. It works for us.

proenterprises
09-22-2003, 10:04 PM
kels
i got that same one in the mail last week.

i tend to drop them a nice card.

last year i did take part in those engraved chocolates:D
they do look nice and you can get a biz name or somthing on them
i little more but worth it

and they are damn good!

Team Gopher
09-22-2003, 10:09 PM
That's a great idea, getting a picture of your staff and sending that out as your holiday card!

1MajorTom
09-22-2003, 10:33 PM
http://www.growpro.com/

Click on greeting cards. They have some really nice ones.

mtdman
09-23-2003, 10:50 PM
I go to Meijer or Target and buy 5 boxes of the cheap cards they sell. Then I bring them home, run them through my printer with a personal message on them, and send them out. Typically costs less than $50 with postage, and people love them. The specialized ones are nice, but I just can't justify the cost. Plus, I have to get a very non-religious card, more of a "Happy Holidays" thing due to all of the various religions and non religions we have in A2.

:D

tiedeman
09-23-2003, 11:32 PM
I just ordered my online about 1 1/2 weeks ago. You buy them early you can get a discount.

This will be the 3rd year that I have done holiday cards, not christmas cards. That is a big thing, for which mtdmaster mentioned, make sure it just says happy holidays because you could lose a customer because of a type of holiday greeting.

Jimmy348
09-24-2003, 12:24 AM
Nice touch but why so $$$$?

mtdman
09-24-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Jimmy348
Nice touch but why so $$$$?

I dunno. I'm asking that myself. The cards I get at the store look very similar, and I can put any message I want on mine with my printer. It's not gold embossed, but I really don't think people notice those things. Heck, I bet most that get them toss them straight in the trash. Some of those prices are crazy! I get 100 for less than $20!

:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: