PDA

View Full Version : door hangers

tiedeman
09-24-2003, 12:16 PM
what company (web site) would you recommend to offer descent looking professional doorhangers at a good price?

I have looked at growpromo, rnd, and one other one. Haven't found anything that jumps out at me

MacLawnCo
09-24-2003, 12:29 PM
www.postcardwarehouse.com

I got mine done there and the quality was superb.

tiedeman
09-24-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by MacLawnCo
www.postcardwarehouse.com

I got mine done there and the quality was superb.

that is funny that you just said that, because I just finished looking at that website and I think that is where I am going to get them from. Not bad pricing and they look professional too. Heck 2,500 for about only $450 is not bad at all

walker-talker
09-24-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by tiedeman
that is funny that you just said that, because I just finished looking at that website and I think that is where I am going to get them from. Not bad pricing and they look professional too. Heck 2,500 for about only $450 is not bad at all

The quality and service is super!!! That price sounds a little high....unless you are either printing on both sides or prices have gone up.

In the spring I paid $525 including shipping and art work for 5,000. I even had competitors complimenting on mine.

Matt

Team Gopher
09-24-2003, 11:06 PM
Here are a few sites.

http://www.webcards.biz/doorhangers/
http://www.door-hangers-direct.com/
http://www.politicalsign.com/printing.html

Gr grass n Hi tides
09-25-2003, 07:53 AM
Don't forget to check your local print shops too. I can get an incredibly great door hanger locally for $140/1,000. Fantastic service too. I received many compliments and accounts!! They let me take the draft versions before I chose one to print & I showed those to a group of ladies at the office complex for a "vote." Great feedback, plus I signed one of them up!!!

LawnMowerMan2003
10-14-2003, 11:34 AM
Are those door hangers worth 8 times as much as a single color flyer?? Is the response rate really that much higher? So you pay $450 for the hangers and then you still have to pass them out? What is your typical response rate?

brentsawyer
10-14-2003, 03:56 PM
I did the door hangers this spring and I can tell you that response wasn't too good, actually pretty poor. However, when comparing cost of door hangers to the single color flyer, it is nothing. For one figure out how many you will pass out in a year and realize that the amount of time it will take you. Whatever the difference is made up with a better customers that you will have w/ the door hangers since their first image is much more professional of you and will expect that of you to charge more than the guy just getting by with the single color copy. There are just too many of the cheap copies being handed out by startups around here and a potential customer knows this by the difference in quality and the type customer who wants an established business is more willing to pay for better service hence the preception of the better company through the door hangers.

Gr grass n Hi tides
10-14-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by brentsawyer
There are just too many of the cheap copies being handed out by startups around here and a potential customer knows this by the difference in quality and the type customer who wants an established business is more willing to pay for better service hence the preception of the better company through the door hangers.

Agree.

Listen, I had my door hangers & little helpers paid for + a lot more with the first account I landed. Well, well worth it plus a lot of fun for me & the girls. Spring for the few additional bucks on quality door hangers and make a good first impression with your potential clients.

As far as time invested & response - my 8 yo daughter & a couple of her friends, on the first three evenings doing this put out about 300 which resulted in 5 full season jobs, a pretty big (40 yard) mulch job, and a nice $400 spring clean up. I don't know what your goals are, but in my book that is a fantastic return.

LB Landscaping
10-14-2003, 09:41 PM
Check out NEBS they have some really good prices, I picked some up this spring and they looked great.

kaufmaninc
10-15-2003, 12:55 AM
what about the doorhangers from Lesco? Has anybody tried them? Quality? Price?

walker-talker
10-15-2003, 03:54 PM
Not sure on the price, but the one's for fertilizer and pesticide estimate look nice.

A1 Grass
10-15-2003, 07:48 PM
IMO - Door hangers are great for advertising. However, consider trying to get your message across without spending a lot of money on FULL-COLOR. The majority of them are going STRAIGHT IN THE GARBAGE - that's just the way it is. Coupled with your cost for distribution, things can get pricy for the return.

Door Hangers Direct (http://www.door-hangers-direct.com) is the cheapest on the web. If you get 3000-5000 you'll be paying less than .03 apiece.

I buy 3000 for a little over $110 w/shipping.

Try it -