PDA

View Full Version : Open vs Enclosed trailers, Bad or Good

Tomt
09-24-2003, 06:24 PM
I am considering buying an enclosed trailer later this year or early next.
I need some input from you guys/gals that have gone from open to enclosed.
I have been looking at Wells Cargo's commercial line, what brands have you found to the most for the money.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

mh1314
09-24-2003, 06:41 PM
I went from Closed to Open. If you get a closed trailer make sure you can stand up in it, make sure it has at least a side door and roof vents (gas fumes). It's great for weather and security, but isn't quite as convenient for getting your equipment, backing and weight (gas mileage)

I had a 6X12 closed 6 1/2 foot headroom and went to a 5X10 open. I actually have more stuff on the open trailer

ZTR
21" mower
backpack blower
handheld blower
chainsaw
hedge trimmer
stick edger
2-trimmers
tree trimmer
2 gas cans
water can
jungle jim holder 3-trimmer , double blower and wanter can holder.
60" aluminum tool box
assorted tools rakes, shovels,brooms
traffic cone

Tomt
09-24-2003, 08:21 PM
thanks mh1314.
That is the kind of input I need. I have anticipated pros and cons, but would like to learn from your experiences.

LocalTouch
09-25-2003, 11:55 PM
I think an clean enclosed trailer makes a statement of professionalism. It looks neater to customers, rather than a bunch of equipment thrown on an open trailer. Also, it is safer-less risk of a $500 blower getting lifted right off of it. Also storage is a big pro for me. No more unloading the equipment into a garage. Just back the enclosed up, unhook, and go. Also if you advertise your company on your trailer, it is like a mobile billboard. :blob3:

AGLawnCare
09-26-2003, 12:36 AM
i went from open to enclosed and i would never go back. A well painted enclosed trailer looks real nice also.

myoder
10-10-2003, 07:49 PM
I also went from open to enclosed. Everything Localtouch said is true, the convience factor of just being able to back up the trailer, unhook and go, is a biggie. It is a garage on wheels. Mine is a United Expressline