PDA

View Full Version : Milorganite

jaytee
09-27-2003, 12:12 AM
anybody have luck with this product? I just applied it a couple of weeks after applying scotts turf builder 2.

mike9497
09-27-2003, 12:22 AM
its junk.one of my up scale commercials like using it because they are within 4 feet of the ocean.there lawn was like a golf course before using that stuff

jaytee
09-27-2003, 12:23 AM
why did it screw up the lawn? oh crap..i just put that stuff down!!!!!!!!

thill
09-27-2003, 12:45 AM
Jaytee -

NO, you did not screw up. Milorganite is and "orgainic" made from pellitized sewage from the city of Milwaukee (however you spell it)

The application rate is much higher than with normal synthetics and the release is slow.

It will not burn or stain..... I have had pretty good luck with it but the cost drives my potential clients back to synthetics

The have a website that give a lot more information. Just search for Milorganite.

Good luck

Shady Brook
09-27-2003, 12:46 AM
It makes for a mighty green lawn, and has seemed to help a lawn with heavy shade to grow when nothing has helped in years. Pretty healthy grass is what I have observed on the few I have tried. So I guess it must be junk...:confused:
Jay

dvmcmrhp52
09-27-2003, 12:58 AM
It works well,Just need to give it time and apply it according to recomendations.

bobbygedd
09-27-2003, 01:48 AM
ive used it on 3 lawns this year, looked good to me

Lawnalternatives
09-27-2003, 02:12 AM
It does an excellent job.

Dchall_San_Antonio
09-27-2003, 04:25 PM
If you want to consider using Milorganite, check into bulk prices. If you cannot get it in bulk, check with Hou-actinite, the same idea, different city.

These two products are made from partially digested sewage sludge which is incinerated at 1,000 degrees for a period of time until it turns into the crystalized stuff you see in the bag. Anything cooked at a temp like that is completely free of pathogens. To my way of thinking it would be completely free of nutrients, too, but there are way too many people having good results with the product for me to say it didn't work.

As far as being a protein source for soil microbes, I believe it is not. Thus it must be a source of nitrogen. Danged if I know why, though.