PDA

View Full Version : Just got a quote on a Haulmark trailer...

allstar
09-29-2003, 12:55 PM
Does anyone know whether or not these are good,quality trailers? I just got a quote on a 7'X16' enclosed trailer for around $4300.It has a side door but it's only 36" wide so I may try to get a wider one installed if I can.Anyway,I thought that enclosed trailers were more expensive than this.That's why I'd like to know if anyone is familiar with this brand of trailer.Thanks. Jim

Tider6972
09-29-2003, 01:11 PM
but there are different models.

The model i like is the one with torsion axles. also look for the 16"
centers floor crossmembers, and the 3/8" walls. I think it's their mid-range model.

The rear ramp doors come in different load ranges, if you're going to be loading and unloading a Z, prolly ought to get the HD ramp, 4500 lb rating, for longevity.

JMO

CSRA Landscaping
09-29-2003, 02:34 PM
If you're willing to drive for an hour and a half, call Lazar's Trailers & Welding in Augusta, GA. You get the trailer without sales tax, being a SC resident. I think it was $4k even for my 7x16 Haulmark.

Tomt
09-29-2003, 09:34 PM
I was in the process of deciding on a 7x14 enclosed until mid day today. I decided.
I looked at Haulmark, Wells Cargo and Pace American.

I decided on the Wells Cargo.

The fit and finish was not near as good on the Haul or Pace.
As previously noted there are many grades within each manufacturers line.

The one I decided on has 6.5' inside height, that is extra, mounted spare, extra, you get the idea.

I compared each manufacturers "landscape" trailers, these are in most cases there no frill, top of the line units.

Be sure that you are comparing apples to apples.

The trailer I ordered was $6500.00, including freight, tax and a 10% discount.

Hope this is of some help.