PDA

View Full Version : Website update...what do you think?

Let it Grow
10-01-2003, 01:53 AM
I'm just looking for advice for my website...I just updated, and would like to get some ideas to make it better. I'm just looking for honest opinions and advice.

www.cleancutonline.com

Simone Lawn Service
10-01-2003, 02:17 AM
Let it Grow,
I think it looks really nice. I thought the photos at the tops of the pages were sharp as well-especially the autumn leaves photo. My only suggestion would be to leave the edging before and after photo out-the lawn just isn't up to snuff especially for your web page. All the others looked great!

Mickhippy
10-01-2003, 02:36 AM
I only looked at a few things on the site but some of the before and after pics are pretty ordinary. Get really good "after" pics is all I'm saying.

You could maybe show the area in which your in business is (I couldnt see where your located) and make your ph # stand out more.
Like I said, I didnt check out the whole site. I found it pretty slow to load but that is my connection I think.
I really dont mean to sound critical but you ask for opinions is all.
Nice pics at the top of the pages! I hope there not owned by somebody!

Good luck with it!

chuckwk
10-01-2003, 02:47 AM
I think you got a couple of your before and after photos mixed up.??

Team Gopher
10-01-2003, 08:35 AM
The site looks very nice!

Let it Grow
10-01-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Mickhippy

Nice pics at the top of the pages! I hope there not owned by somebody!

All of my site material is owned and copyrighted by me.

Thanks for the input guys, any more would be greatly appreciated.

Turboguy
10-01-2003, 11:42 PM
Hi Let It Grow.

Nice site. I would give it an "A" I think the photos at the top of the pages make it really stand out. The fall leaf photo is one of the prettiest of that type I have seen. Your navigation is easy to use and very intuitive. The material you have presented is very good.

The things I don't like. Your sentence on your home page "We are a fully liscensed and Legal business." Something about that is hitting me wrong. I think the "legal business" part sounds off. I think I would like it better if you said something like "We are fully insured and liscensed"

I also thing as you get more photos you may want to change some of the before and after photos. The first and third look nice. With the second the only differnce I can see is the sidwalk is cracked in the after photo which makes it look a bit worse. On the last photo they don't look like the same job but the after looks better than the before.

My only other suggestion is technical. The only meta tags you have are for the title. You should have meta tags for a description for sure and even though they are not used much any more you should have keywords too.

Don't let the constructive critisism bother you. I think you have one of the sharper landscaper sites I have seen. I like the little program you have for sale too. That looks real useful for people.

Let it Grow
10-02-2003, 12:11 AM
Thanks a ton (especially turboguy) This really helps me out. I will be doing quite a bit of work on it this winter while work is slow. It should be in tip top shape by spring...which is when my first big yellow pages ad comes out. Thanks again for the advice...keep it coming!!!

mdvaden
10-06-2003, 12:20 AM
Really like that photo at top.

Wish I could see the whole thing when looking at the site !

Nw. Shadesofgreen
11-21-2003, 02:18 AM
Site looks nice. I think that it is great that you are doing all of the web page installation yourself. I sure wish that I could figurre it out. I just reseved my web site name a few weeks ago, But I know nothing about addig information. I am going to try to have a student at my daughters school that is taking a web design class to help me.
I recently just left a management position with another landscape company. They have a great web site that I think cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $4000.00 to have designed.
Check it out for some ideas if you would like.I don't know how to link it for you, but the address is www.olympiclandscape.com.

Good luck from another fellow Washington Lawn Care Co.

:angel:

CNYScapes
11-21-2003, 07:37 PM
The site looks great, I only hope to have one that nice someday. Only one small problem I see, you spelled renovation with two n's. Other that looks good.:waving:

kootoomootoo
12-02-2003, 05:54 AM
Just curious where you purchased the top photos from and how much?

Groundcover Solutions
12-02-2003, 07:06 PM
I think that the site is a template, because i thought i saw it on a template site a few days ago. I may be wrong but that is what i think.