PDA

View Full Version : Bad Mower Purchase

smokymoose
10-01-2003, 03:27 AM
I started mowing last year and had enough success to buy a mower. I stopped at a "dealer" close to home believed his lines and stories came home with a new mower. The mower is a homeowner type that is falling apart with a 150 hours. Dealerman is out of business, distributor is a jerk and wont help. I was wrong to buy this type of mower but was also picked out as a newbie and misled. Learn by experience. Is selling this machine my best option. Any one have a better solution? I don't need alot of "I told you so's" I already realize this. I am looking for the best solution to a bad decision. Thanks

Rustic Goat
10-01-2003, 05:56 AM
Making it go away is probably the best solution, IMO. Said you've already learned from your error, that's worth something there.
Instead of spending time and money to make the mower right, invest both in a real machine, remembering they're all salesmen.
Plus, even if you got current mower working well, you'd still have a mental attitude about it. Don't frustrate yourself, just get better equipment.

John Gamba
10-01-2003, 08:05 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rustic Goat
[B]Making it go away is probably the best solution, IMO. Said you've already learned from your error, that's worth something there.
Instead of spending time and money to make the mower right, invest both in a real machine, remembering they're all salesmen.
Plus, even if you got current mower working well, you'd still have a mental attitude about it. Don't frustrate yourself, just get better equipment.

Dump it!!!!!

John

lordohturf
10-06-2003, 12:12 AM
See if your friends at the Acworth Lesco will help you sell it.

tiedeman
10-07-2003, 03:01 PM
get rid of the mower, sell it to a friend or something that could use it.

Ray & Karen
10-12-2003, 08:59 PM
Smokey,

Check out the Gravely's out in Dallas, Ga.