PDA

View Full Version : Room For One More LCO IN North Atlanta??

Reel
10-01-2003, 03:01 PM
New to the board and considering building a business in the affluent northern suburbs. There seems to be a strong mix of professional outfits as well as the guys in the pick-up and trailer. Any thoughts for those of you in higher end markets? Is there always room for one more competitor? I'm looking to serve the high end residential market who is willing to pay more for the tight manicured look. Am I kidding myself?

I would also love to hear from any of you that were fanatical about your own property and turned your hobby into a viable business.

Thanks for any input, suggestions, etc.

Reel

GeorgiaGrassMan
10-01-2003, 05:52 PM
Do you mean to imply that guys with pickups and trailers are not professionals? As far as competition in North Atlanta, yeah there are alot of LCOs, but I give them absolutely no thought and concentrate on my business instead. Take care of your business and any competition problem will take care of itself.

Reel
10-02-2003, 09:51 AM
No, not at all....only an observation on my part of the many different company (perceived) sizes and marketing images in the market. Professionalism is an attitude, quality of product and pride in service... Thanks for your advice regarding competition and sharing you point of view.

Reel

brucec32
10-09-2003, 03:23 AM
There's one slot opening. I'm moving . Plenty of work here. I've never had idle time from lack of work in over a decade. But trying to be "big" isn't as easy as it seems to an outsider. Labor is a real problem. If you have ethics and love your country, that is.