PDA

View Full Version : Lining for lower walls in enclosed trailer??

GarPA
10-01-2003, 04:39 PM
Now you might be thinking what a weirdo thread this one is. But if you have an enclosed trler you can probably relate to it. Unfortunately my wheel wells are totally outside the trailer so the inside is more narrow than I'd like it to be. When I have too much equip in there some days I'm always banging the walls and taking chips out of them. Was thinking of putting some kind of flooring material on about 3 ft up from the floor. Just wondering if any of you did something similar and what material worked best for you?? thanks

Tider6972
10-01-2003, 06:01 PM
about 12" to form a kick panel. That's what Pace's landscaper models
use.

GarPA
10-01-2003, 06:09 PM
that would work...but in time I'd have that all banged up just like the walls. I was kicking around using something more slippery that things would glance off of ...something like smooth vinyl flooring....just a wild idea ...dont know if it would hold up or stay attached....

jsr2741
10-01-2003, 07:01 PM
I think I read somewhere; probably here, someone went to his local rhinoliner dealer and had about 2 feet up from the floor sprayed around the interior of the trailer.

Shadetree Ltd
10-02-2003, 03:32 AM
This was one of the best investments in our trailer
http://server2.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=381045
http://server2.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42486
Scott

Green Pastures
10-08-2003, 02:37 PM
I had Line-X spray in bedliner sprayed in my enclosed trailer. It is 1' up on the walls and all over floor and ramp. Makes it waterproof, slip proof and a breeze to clean out.

Shack
10-08-2003, 05:47 PM
Hey shadetree, what is the door in the floor for?

Tider6972
10-08-2003, 06:01 PM
Guess the door in the wall is a fuel door? Wonder how well it works?

The spray on liner is ok, but i've seen some pretty serious gouges in
the walls that would make me think the double thick plywood under
the rhino would be good too !

JMO

Shadetree Ltd
10-09-2003, 02:06 AM
The door in the floor is a full size spare and some other misc storage. The fuel door on the side works OK, but you have to have 2 people to use it. I got it in case I needed to pull up to a pump on the wrong side of the trailer. The rhino lining is holding up extremely well.

Scott

Tider6972
10-09-2003, 02:21 AM
trailer is it? Did the fuel door come from the manufacturer, or did you have it added? Do you recommend the fuel door, and what about fuel doors on each side of the trailer; would that be useful ?

Thanks

Doc Pete
10-09-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by GarPA
Now you might be thinking what a weirdo thread this one is. But if you have an enclosed trler you can probably relate to it. Unfortunately my wheel wells are totally outside the trailer so the inside is more narrow than I'd like it to be. When I have too much equip in there some days I'm always banging the walls and taking chips out of them. Was thinking of putting some kind of flooring material on about 3 ft up from the floor. Just wondering if any of you did something similar and what material worked best for you?? thanks

You can try some 1/8” polypropylene sheeting from a local plastics company or MSC. It’s not very expensive, easy to clean and doesn’t dent easily. I had some .080” aluminum from another project that I use for areas where stuff bumps the sides. On the heavy use spot where I rest my one mower, I just used a 3/8” piece of plywood.

GarPA
10-09-2003, 08:44 AM
Thanks Switch...just what I was looking for. I did see something at Lowes yesterday that might also work. THey have smooth black vinyl flooring tiles, 12" square, peel off adhesive on back. Would be super easy to install. A little cutting would be necessary as I'm sure the trim work on the walls is not exactly plum and square.

Your floor looks like mine. THese floors take a beating and I was also wondering if 5 years down the road I wish I had covered the plywood with something. Sometimes my monster aerator will take small gouges out of the floor in transport. I guess the floor isn't too difficult to replace. Got some primer and no skid grey paint. At least that might protect it a bit from water,gooey grass, fuel spills etc.

Doc Pete
10-09-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by GarPA
Thanks Switch...just what I was looking for. I did see something at Lowes yesterday that might also work. THey have smooth black vinyl flooring tiles, 12" square, peel off adhesive on back. Would be super easy to install. A little cutting would be necessary as I'm sure the trim work on the walls is not exactly plum and square.

Your floor looks like mine. THese floors take a beating and I was also wondering if 5 years down the road I wish I had covered the plywood with something. Sometimes my monster aerator will take small gouges out of the floor in transport. I guess the floor isn't too difficult to replace. Got some primer and no skid grey paint. At least that might protect it a bit from water,gooey grass, fuel spills etc.

My floor is wolminized (?), and looks dirty already. Ya know, you can always just buy new 3/4" ply every 5 years or so and put down a new floor, and it probably wouldn't be more than any thing else.
Pete

AL Inc
10-10-2003, 12:19 AM
GarPa- It's the same idea as Switchless, I put 12" strips of diamond plate along the inside of my trailer for that reason. I park behind a welding shop so I have access to all sorts of tools and metal, and that stuff will probably last longer than the rest of the trailer.

Doc Pete
10-10-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by AL Inc
GarPa- It's the same idea as Switchless, I put 12" strips of diamond plate along the inside of my trailer for that reason. I park behind a welding shop so I have access to all sorts of tools and metal, and that stuff will probably last longer than the rest of the trailer.
Yes, I park my other WB on the other side of the trailer and the chute always used to catch between where the two plywood sides would butt together. Putting a piece of aluminum there let the machine slide in nicely. How bout getting all of us some diamond plate?:D :D
Pete

hustler1
10-11-2003, 12:42 PM
those vinyl floor tiles wont hold up.....too soft....actually formica countertop laminate is about the toughest thing next to the aluminum or steel.......