PDA

View Full Version : Marketing plan ideas/opinions for Lawncare start-ups

Torch
10-04-2003, 11:38 AM
I need everyones Marketing plan ideas/opinions for Lawncare start-ups. The question focus is on how to best market your business to obtain NEW clients and not on retention. Factors I am looking at are bang for buck, time expenditures, branding, legal considerations, rapid establishment of client base, stickyness, demographic targeting stratagies, which clients to focus on during the first year of ops to name a few. Please try and organise your replies in the manner you feel would be most productive for a new business. i.e.

MY TOP TEN FROM LEAST EXPENSIVE TO MOST EXPENSIVE
1:door hangers
2: parking lot winshield advertisments
3:door to door one on one sales
4:road signs
5:buddy advertising
6:event promos
7:services trade
8:newspaper ads
9:target demographic magazine/newspaper publication
10: phonebook

MY TOP TEN MOST EFFECTIVE
1: phonebook
2:newspaper
3:target publication
4:radio ads
5:television ads
6:airplain skywriting
7:goodyear blimp
8:aol ads
9:search engines
10:cash payment and services discount for referals

We have had talks about various methods before but I would like to know which ones to utilize for a startup in these two formats and im sure alot of others would also. Thanks for the help!! :gunsfirin :blob2:

Team Gopher
10-04-2003, 01:17 PM
Hi Torch,

Here is a good post to read up on.

Most effective advertisement? (http://server2.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38134)

tiedeman
10-04-2003, 11:09 PM
there are two that work the best for me, phonebook and referrals, referrals being the number one

Rustic Goat
10-08-2003, 03:34 AM
There is no better information source for the advice you're looking for than this site. Just do some searches, read every thread on every topic. All the questions you ask have been asked/answered here numerous times before.
Yes, you'll need to sort through the BS, but it's worth it, quite an education, free!