PDA

View Full Version : What's the lightest skid steer trailer out there?

jwholden
10-13-2003, 12:10 AM
I rented a Bobcat T200 a couple weeks ago and was amazed at how well this machine worked in wet conditions. The dealer is selling it and am considering making an offer. However, there is one problem with the machine that I cannot get past.

It weighs 8100 lbs.

Does anyone know of a company that makes a 5 ton skidsteer trailer that is really light. I know that this is a somewhat dumb question but I'm curious if anyone know's something I don't.

The machine would fit on a 12' trailer if it had to. I think the problem here is that the lighter the trailer the lighter duty it will be as well. Kind of a catch 22. Anyway, just curious.

Thanks. :)

cat320
10-13-2003, 09:52 AM
Check this out http://www.hudsontrailers.com/

longviewlawncare
10-13-2003, 09:51 PM
what is a kight trailer to you is the question? My hudson deckover is about 27' tail to tongue, and weighs in at about 2800 lbs i beleive. they make the same trailer in a 4-5-6 ton models also. The model is the HSE18(7 ton is not listed but they do make it). that to me is light for the wieght it can hold. Check out the hudson's they are by far the best trailers i have pulled. good luck

Brickman
10-14-2003, 01:34 PM
You might want to rethink your desire to go as very lite weight as possible. I guess as long as its rated to carry the weight you'll be OK.

I have seen many people that did not care and the trailers look very unsafe. Wheels all bowed out at the bottom actually look hilarious.