PDA

View Full Version : Balancer out of balance

longslawn
10-13-2003, 05:01 PM
I just received a new balancer and it is not balanced. If I set it to one o'clock it will not stay still. It rotates at any position I set it on. It is brand new and have only used it once. Any suggestions on what I should do.

Magna-Matic
10-13-2003, 05:43 PM
Not to be redundant, but did you follow the calibration test steps in the manual - marking one point and then moving that point to various clock positions?

Are you being perfectly steady, because of the balancer's sensitivity it is very easy to set it in motion when doing the calibration test.

Is there any wind/moving air that could be moving it while testing (i.e. open window etc)

If after you have checked these points, please re-pack the balancer in the original box, and email me gbauer2@magna-matic.com with the company name you purchased the balancer under, and we will get a UPS call tag sent to pick up the balancer so that we can get it properly calibrated.

Thank you,

longslawn
10-14-2003, 07:24 AM
Will check again today. Do not have origonal box. Purchased both balancer and stand from Magna-Matic.

Magna-Matic
10-22-2003, 10:37 AM
Sorry that this post was kind of delayed.

Just send the balancer back in a good solid box with lots of packing material to protect it. We support all of our balancers even ones not sold directly so that is not an issue if you purchased from us or a reseller.

Just package it well.

Thank you,