PDA

View Full Version : Gas mileage info, neat site...

gogetter
10-17-2003, 12:56 AM
Wanna find out what kind of mileage a particular vehicle gets? Or what it will cost you in fuel for a year?

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/findacar.htm

GarPA
10-17-2003, 07:10 AM
Thanks for that site Jon..... at least now I know that my Fords really are suppposed to get the miserable mpg they get.

ProMo
10-17-2003, 08:26 AM
says my mustang gets 17mpg hmmm im lucky to get 8mpg

GarPA
10-17-2003, 08:34 AM
and I'm lucky to get 10 with the Ford pups...no trailer...all city driving though

grassdaddy
10-17-2003, 08:41 AM
Some people tell the truth about mpg-Others spout off crazy stuff and expect people to believe it.When I read about 1 tons getting 23mpg,they go on my ignore list.By the way, my f350 gets 7 pullin trailer.

gogetter
10-17-2003, 02:38 PM
Oh, and if anyone is like me and didn't notice it the first time, it is customizable. The numbers didn't seem right at first, then I realized you can customize the price of gas, total miles driven each year, and the percentages of city and highway driving.

Once I changed those figures, I got much more accurate (and depressing) numbers.:cry:

GarPA
10-17-2003, 04:51 PM
Depressing is the right word...may I add disgusting as well.

Now that we can finally catch our breath a little, I ran some expense numbers for the year and the truck fuel costs gave me a major headache. Next years contracts will clearly include a fuel adjustment surcharge clause. If big bad UPS can add them like they did this year, little ol me can sure as heck can....and will