PDA

View Full Version : Master Chute

Meg-Mo
10-23-2003, 11:46 AM
We bought a Master Chute at the Louisville Expo 2003. Even though it was not made for our mowers, it only took about 45 minutes to put on our 72" Bad Boy mower. Now with all the leaves, the guys are fighting over who gets to run this mower. Master Chute works so great that we will be putting them on the rest of our mowers. Again they are not made for Bad Boy mowers, but with a little ingenuity and about 45 minutes we had them working.
Would recommend Master Chute to anyone that mows grass and wants to keep grass and leaves out of flower beds or landscapes.

mower_babe
10-23-2003, 04:03 PM
hey, Roy, can you post a picture of it so I know what it is. I am sorry if I am the only d1psh1t that doesnt know. Thanks:)

superman
10-23-2003, 04:34 PM
Meg-Mo, I would like to see pics of this also. I have a 60" Hustler and I am thinking of buying one of their units for next year and trying to adapt it to my mower.

mower-babe, it's a OCDC. It uses a little motor, and you can mount the switch and controll the chute.

BobR
10-23-2003, 04:42 PM
Gotta agree with 'Meg-Mow' on this one.. That is one 'slick' OCDC.. Have had mine for about three months (Exmark Z HP) and it is making my life a lot easier.
BobR

mower_babe
10-23-2003, 07:04 PM
sorry guys, I must have eaten a ****** sandwich for lunch. I know what you are talking about now. duh. sorry. They are pricey though, arent they? I thought they were about $350 or something.

edrenckh
10-23-2003, 09:50 PM
Roy,

Will it work for a 2002 Toro WB?

NCSULandscaper
10-23-2003, 11:22 PM
All the info you will need is right here:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48683&highlight=master+chute

edrenckh
10-23-2003, 11:48 PM
I have read that thread in the past and I am probably sure it will fit. I don't want to make a $400 gamble though.....

Emails to Master Chute indicate that they don't fit Toro's. Maybe too small? I don't know.

Hey Master Chute...
Let me know if you want me to try it. I need to be able to return it if I cannot get it to fit. I am handy with a wrench and drill, but not a welder.

edrenckh
10-24-2003, 12:06 AM
Can't even send a email from Master Chute's site. carljmast@msn.com comes back rejected.

Doc Pete
10-24-2003, 12:10 AM
Unless you "really need" to be able open and close the chute instantly, which with leaves is definitely not necessary, it takes about a half hour to make a hinged chute closer that works for Exmarks’ and Hustlers. Cost is under $20. One thing, I sure hate mulching..... Man, all that dust is murder on man and machine.
Pete

edrenckh
10-24-2003, 12:23 AM
Right now I'm using a piece of treated 5/8" plywood. Seems to work OK. It falls off once in a while though.

Jimmy348
10-24-2003, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Switchless@aol.com
Unless you "really need" to be able open and close the chute instantly, which with leaves is definitely not necessary, it takes about a half hour to make a hinged chute closer that works for Exmarks’ and Hustlers. Cost is under $20. One thing, I sure hate mulching..... Man, all that dust is murder on man and machine.
Pete

How?

Team Gopher
10-24-2003, 03:42 AM
Try this email address for masterchute site administrator opensrs_adm@iserv.net

Click image for link to masterchute site.
http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?postid=437816 (masterchute.com)

Buckeye1
10-24-2003, 08:28 AM
Eric,
I think you need electric start for the masterchute.

Ezchute makes a manual ocdc for Exmark walkbehinds - Those might fit a Toro.

I have also heard trimmer trap makes ocdcs for walkbehinds now.

edrenckh
10-24-2003, 08:52 AM
I have a hydro with an electric start. I have both a WB and Z. I want it on the WB first as I use that the most. My Z has a bagger I use mostly in the fall.

I'll try the new email address.

Especially with the Meg-mo blades, the OCDC would be nice. The grass blows far and wide, sometimes too far. But I still like them.

Trimmer traps web site says "Walk behind version available soon". I'll contact them and see if they have one yet.

Runner
10-24-2003, 12:06 PM
www.yorksheet.com This one doesn't cost 400 bucks, or whatever. Works great, and nothing to go wrong after it het wet and weathered.

MasterForm
10-24-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by edrenckh
Can't even send a email from Master Chute's site. carljmast@msn.com comes back rejected.

Perhaps a spam-blocker is getting in the way beacuse e use it often every day.

Maybe you could try the toll-free 888-545-9997.

GTLC
11-04-2003, 11:25 AM
Can you also use the masterchute for mulching too?

subdube
11-04-2003, 02:00 PM
Will the Master-chute fit the SWB from Hustler?

Doc Pete
11-04-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by mower_babe
sorry guys, I must have eaten a ****** sandwich for lunch. I know what you are talking about now. duh. sorry. They are pricey though, arent they? I thought they were about $350 or something.

Without a doubt babe, I just won't buy it because of the price. If I need to spend that kind of money, instead of $10 for a manual closer, I'm in the wrong business. Heck, if you can't layout your lawn cutting well enough to leave the chute down for one section and raise it and not have to raise and lower it every other second, you're in the wrong business.........
Pete

lynn
11-04-2003, 07:15 PM
Well I purchases a master chute in July and found it to work just fine. Last week what ever holds the swing arm to the plastic gear
fell off. Called there telephone # and a lady said they would call back. E-mailed them two days later with my problem. They e-mailed back for my address to send part. As of this date I have not received the part, Lets see what happens.

John Gamba
11-06-2003, 03:34 PM
Please keep us posted.
John

lynn
11-07-2003, 07:18 PM
In July I purchased a master chute ocdc, The unit worked fine until
last Thursday when the arm came off of the motor.I called there 800 # and ask for someone to call me. I then E-mailed them and they replyed that they would send part , but they needed my address. Sent that to them. Well on this Thursday I called again and a nice lady said they would call me back, I also emailed them asking if they could tell me what I needed to repair the problem and I would purchase it local. As of Friday I have not heard a damn think from them and will fix this problem somehow. Beware of these people.

chuckwk
11-07-2003, 07:27 PM
Give me a break! "Beware of these people." ?? Maybe an explanation or reason from the other party before you start telling a very large community of peers to 'beware'.....

dvmcmrhp52
11-07-2003, 07:33 PM
I see you caught it..............Never mind.

lynn
11-07-2003, 07:38 PM
mr chuckwk
I think that since they are a sponsor here they would be happy to reply

chuckwk
11-07-2003, 07:49 PM
exactly, give them a chance, you never know the circumstances in a persons or companies life... chill

brucec32
12-28-2003, 09:45 PM
I have to say, I got a bad vibe from them because of their website. Nothing horrible, but the lack of attention to detail makes me wonder how well its designed and how well it will hold up, plus the support aspects if something goes wrong. Before spending that much on a product I want assurance that they're around to stay and giving it their full attention, not doing it as an afterthought. Will they be around when I DO have a problem in the future?

1. No list of which mowers it will fit. Surely if they know enough about it to tell us via email they could post a list. Common sense would say that it would save them having to answer hundreds of email inquiries about that. It not being there makes me wonder.

2. Nothing mentioned that I could find on a warranty. If something goes bad I would hate to wind up with a $400 paperweight.

3. They refused my request to buy a manual version, even though it's been said they sell them, yet gave no reason why. They don't have to, but then again I don't have to buy their product either.

4. Install guide link is a dead link

5. Offer for free shipping expired last summer but is still there.

Makes me wonder if anyone is home.

J.Gordon
12-29-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by lynn
mr chuckwk
I think that since they are a sponsor here they would be happy to reply

Just curious if they ever replied to you Lynn? :sleeping:

MasterForm
12-31-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by J.Gordon
Just curious if they ever replied to you Lynn? :sleeping:

Oh, yes, we got Lynns situation handled and even got a vote of confidence from it.

Our customer service/product support system is being always being upgraded. As a new company, you run into these issues from time to time.

One thing that is unquestioned is our dedication and commitment.

MasterForm
12-31-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by brucec32
I have to say, I got a bad vibe from them because of their website.

Understandable, it needs to be updated. We just finished our new MasterChute and waited to update with the new pictures and product information.

Will they be around when I DO have a problem in the future?

Absolutely! We've been in the green industry since the Carter administation and have a significant financial backing.

1. No list of which mowers it will fit. Surely if they know enough about it to tell us via email they could post a list. Common sense would say that it would save them having to answer hundreds of email inquiries about that. It not being there makes me wonder.

That's because the orginal ones only fit Exmark.
The new MasterChutes fit most mowers: Exmark, Scag, Bobcat, John Deere, Ferris, Wright, Great Dane, Bunton, Kubota, etc.

2. Nothing mentioned that I could find on a warranty. If something goes bad I would hate to wind up with a $400 paperweight.

The warranty is 1 year. And the new MasterChutes will be available for less than $300.00!!

3. They refused my request to buy a manual version, even though it's been said they sell them, yet gave no reason why. They don't have to, but then again I don't have to buy their product either.

The manual ones we built years ago, we don't have any left. (We're not going to custom build ONE for you, sorry.)

4. Install guide link is a dead link
Again, website and product update.

5. Offer for free shipping expired last summer but is still there.
Okay, Okay... website update.

Makes me wonder if anyone is home.
Anyone home? Of course! We're been investing our time and resources in product development and our dealership network in preparation for the new season.

I certainly appreciate your bringing this to our attention. As engineers, we don't have the know-how about website and have that hired out. We've been working feverishly on our new product (which is now completed) and are re-doing the website with all the pertenant information and updated pictures and pricing structure our our new product.

As our business grows, we'll continue to invest in quality customer service and product support to ensure our end user of a system they will love and have confidence in.

J.Gordon
01-02-2004, 12:06 AM
Thank you for the reply. This is one of the things I look for when purchasing equipment. (Service after the sale.) I hope the sponsors of L/S can tell that they actually sale there product because the customer can Speak directly to there representatives.

Jeff :waving: