PDA

View Full Version : Help in Tennessee with stolen blower

chariot
10-23-2003, 04:27 PM
I just purchased a new Redmax blower yesterday at 5:00 p.m. and today someone thought that they would relieve me of it about 11:30 this morning. I would just like for you guys around here to keep an eye out for it. It is model #EB7001RH and Serial #316844. Thanks

BobR
10-23-2003, 04:36 PM
BUMMER - hope the slimeball gets caught.
BobR

Southpaw
10-23-2003, 05:01 PM
I would check on Crawdad or SLS. They probably have it. LOL

Just kidding of course. My cell phone was stolen out of my truck in my own driveway. Several years ago, my golf clubs were stolen out of my car. Police were apathetic. But I happened to go to a pawn shop and saw my own clubs for sale. I rarely go to pawn shops, maybe once per year. Maybe a higher power led me to that pawn shop that day, and since the thief used his own name to pawn them, it was easy to catch him. Not only with my stuff, but $1000's of dollars of stolen property.

Perhaps you can do the same. Check around the area your equipment was stolen and visit the pawn shops. Perhaps whoever stole it will use it on their lawn, but chances are they pawned it to get a 40 oz. and a 'rock', if you know what I mean. Good luck and I hope you either find it or at least prosecute the guy if he ever gets caught.

Flat Top Lawn
10-23-2003, 05:30 PM
Chariot what part of east Tenn. are you from?

ProMo
10-23-2003, 05:44 PM
I have had 2 blowers stolen they werent new thats a lot worse, I once worked for a guy (about 20 yrs ago)that bought a used blower from a place called general rental, the blower needed service so he took it to a shop to be repaired and got a phone call from the shop telling him the blower was stolen, the original owner put a piece of paper with his name number etc under the plastic housing and it was found when they were doing repairs he ended up getting a refund from the rental place and the guy got his blower back, I do this to all of my equipment hoping ill be as lucky around here the thieves usually offer it to a different lco.A guy down the street got a new power pruner for 50 bux a couple of weeks ago said some guy walked up and asked him if he wanted to buy it.

pottstim
10-23-2003, 05:48 PM
chariot,
Hey man, I'm really sorry to hear about your blower. There is nothing I hate more than a theif. Where abouts did this happen? I will make sure to watch mine closely when I am out. Hope you get this resolved as soon as possible.

Tim:angry:

chariot
10-23-2003, 05:50 PM
The police around here get a report from the pawn shops with equipment pawned. I thought that I would take it upon myself to visit them this weekend just to see. I have talked with police in surrounding counties and am being placed on a list there to see if it matches in there county. Flat top lawn, I am about 35 minutes northeast of knoxville. Where are you?

chariot
10-23-2003, 05:53 PM
pottstim, I was up about 1 block from east high school. Needless to say everything is locked now. This is my 10th year and the only thing ever stolen, not to mention I only had it about 18 hours and only used it about 10-15 minutes.

chariot
10-24-2003, 09:20 AM
TTT

ccwmlw
10-24-2003, 11:26 AM
Same thing happened to me in middle TN, but my was stolen while I was in the gas station. Somebody saw it being taken but did not get their license number, just told me what the truck looked like.

summergrove
10-24-2003, 03:28 PM
You should have bought the orange one. then you would have respect. or you could paint all your eqp pink I bet no one would touch it. At least you get to live on ROCKYTOP. I'm from chatt. but managed to get myself down here in the swamps of ga. Good luck finding them.GO VOLS!

chariot
10-25-2003, 01:27 AM
summergrove, orange one...?? Do you mean a STIHL? I had a BR400 right next to the new 7001. They didn't touch another thing. Has anyone ever actually had anything like this, or know anyone who has had something recovered? I guess I can only wait and see what happens.

crawdad
10-25-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Southpaw
I would check on Crawdad or SLS. They probably have it. LOL

Just kidding of course. ...........
Southpaw,
Boy, you'd better smile when you say that.

Chariot,
I'm printing the numbers, and I'll check the flea market in Bluff City this weekend for you. Why would someone take a Redmax, when there was a Stihl right next to it? Everyone's heard of Stihl, many people never heard of Redmax, except pro's. One of your competetion, perhaps? Then again, they could have grabbed it because it was obviously brand new.

chariot
10-25-2003, 09:44 AM
Crawdad, I very much appreciate that. I guess they liked the shine of the 18 hour old Redmax vs. the about 7 year old STIHL. I appreciate you guys! Thanks

SLS
10-25-2003, 11:02 AM
I did the 'pawn shop visiting' thing after my Redmax hedge trimmers were stolen....only to find out that they hold their stuff in the backroom until the time on the pawn has elapsed. And if it is one of those big 'chain-franchise' type of pawn shops (Household Pawn, Cash America, ect).....they will ship suspected stolen items to another shop of theirs....IN ANOTHER CITY....after the term of the pawn has expired. So, in this case, the victim will NEVER have the chance to see their stolen item in their 'local' pawn shop. I guess the 'mom and pop' variety don't have this option...unless they are in cahoots with another pawn shop in another town.

I got lucky. I got a description (and tag number) off the getaway car...and immediately call the cops..

The cops put the report out over the radio...and two observent officers actually saw the perp's car in the parking lot of...what else? A PAWN SHOP!

The cops walked in, saw the theif standing at the counter with my trimmers, compared the serial number with the one I gave them.....and BUSTED!!!...within 10 minutes of my calling in the report! :D

Five minutes later and the theives would have been long gone...and I would never had seen my trimmers again...because (according to the detective in charge of my case) the shop that took them SENDS THEIR STUFF TO MEMPHIS when the 'hold time' is up. And most of the stuff I looked at in the shop here in Nashville COMES FROM MEMPHIS. I saw 2 nearly BRAND-NEW Echo PB650's sitting in the pawn shop the day I went to retrieve my hedge trimmers...at $99 each. :angry:

WHAT A SCAM!!! I HATE PAWN SHOPS!!!

What was really crazy was that the 'pawn tag' was still on the trimmers when I picked them up....and the thief got exactly $30 for them! They were only 3-4 months old, had been used TWICE....and I paid $400 for them new.

One of the thieves violated his parole by stealing my trimmers,,,and went back to jail FOR 5 YEARS. FIVE YEARS for $30!...or only $15 if they divided the spoils........ MORON!!!

The other crook was a first-time offender, got probation, and manditory drug rehab.....THAT WE TAXPAYERS ARE PAYING FOR!!! ARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was VERY, VERY LUCKY. I saw the guys as they were driving off and was able to get the make, model, and tag number.....and the police were at the right place at the right time.

The detective in the case told me that without the serial numbers they could not have done anything.

I hope you somehow get your 7001 back.

matth
10-25-2003, 11:43 PM
check ebay as well

chariot
10-26-2003, 01:57 AM
Matt, I checked ebay but will continue to do so. Thanks for that thought.

Bigfoot
10-26-2003, 08:39 AM
I will keep a eye out for the Redmax. It is mighty low of someone to steal a working man's tools.

chariot
10-26-2003, 06:07 PM
I appreciate it Bigfoot. Where about are you located?

grassdaddy
10-26-2003, 08:39 PM
I had a new blower and weedeater stolen last year.Sorry to hear about your loss.I'll keep my eyeout down here as well.A big 7001 will stick out like a sore thumb at any fleamkt or pawnshop.Hope you get it back.

Bigfoot
10-26-2003, 09:25 PM
Chariot, I am located in the eastern end of Hawkins County.

chariot
10-27-2003, 11:22 PM
Bigfoot, you're not to far away. Thanks again to all you guys keeping an eye out for me.

ctlsmn
10-27-2003, 11:41 PM
I thought I had it bad when someone took a full gas can (2 gallon can) and a new box of lawn bags from my truck today.

Detailed LawnService
10-27-2003, 11:56 PM
All i know is they knew what they were looking for,quick $500 blower i doubt you will see it at any pawn shop. I have a Redmax 7001 model and it will blow the doors off most competitors. Sorry about your lose i had two blowers stolen last year. These theives definately have a market for this expensive equipment. Dont let it get you down.

chariot
10-28-2003, 10:59 AM
Hey Chad, my blower had a full tank of fuel also. Hey Detailed LawnService, that is what I was thinking. Did you have insurance? I bought this thing on a Wednesday right at 5 p.m. and it got stolen around 11:30 the next morning. I was going to go to the insurance office on my way through town after this account and one more. They will not cover it since it was not on the policy already. Technically it was only about 3 hours since they were closed when I got it and opened at 8:00. That is what makes it so much worse. I have all my insurance with this company also; auto, equipment, liability and health. I have rode through the neighborhood a few times hoping to see something, no luck yet. Thanks again guys.