PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use closed in trucks?

Sauls1686
10-23-2003, 07:27 PM
Does anybody use a truck to haul their equipment instead of a trailer?

I know some of you use closed in trailers but what about an X U-Haul van?

(just curious--i kinda like the X U Haul idea)

Leaping
10-23-2003, 08:08 PM
Don't use one but have thought of that.

wriken
10-23-2003, 08:51 PM
I've thought about it also, but some one said something about the wheelwells inside.

cantoo
10-23-2003, 10:21 PM
Here is our's
http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=18506&highlight=cube+van
We use a trailer if we have to take 3 mowers..

Victor
10-23-2003, 10:46 PM
I use an Isuzu NPR for my lawn care company. You'll find a buch of info on it, and pictures in the post titled, "Pics of my Cuttin Rig".

Vic

pottstim
10-24-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by wriken
I've thought about it also, but some one said something about the wheelwells inside.

To eliminate the wheelwells in the cargo area, you need a "high cube van". The boxes on these trucks are mounted higher up on the frame so you have a nice flat floor without any intrusions. I have one of these trucks at my full-time job and it is very handy for loading and unloading at docks. We are unfortunately having problems with carbon monoxide getting into the cab of the truck. There is a pass-thru door between the box and the cab. The fumes are coming up through the box floor somehow, then going into the cab. I would like the owner to trade for an Isuzu NPR diesel w/ a 14 foot box. The owner has the money, but he just doesn't want to let go of it. :rolleyes:

wriken
10-24-2003, 09:17 AM
I've check around on prices on a Isuzu NPR, and equivalent type trucks, I'm leaning pretty heavy towards that set-up this spring.

Sauls1686
10-24-2003, 11:53 PM
Yeah Im realy liking this the more i check into it. Of course I think it would be a slight problem in the fall for cleanup.

I was thinking that maybe this would be a contributor to winter income as well? Hauling? (either as your own business or subing out to haul for stores etc)

I don't have many $$ so the best i could do would be an old (late 80s) Ford cube van.