PDA

View Full Version : browm bed edger w/ stump gringer blade

homerescue
10-23-2003, 10:40 PM
well just tried out my stump blade today on my brown edger. WOW!!! 1st job 2 stumps about 8" diameter took about 10 - 15 mins. 2nd job 1 stump 30" diameter about 6" out of ground, 45 minutes. ground wood and dirt together just like powder, so fine just had to rake back into hole and level, ready to plant grass seed. what a machine, i thinks what a money maker i have. no rental yards carry these around northern wv, nobody has heard of them here. well i haerd about these from this site, thanks all you guys for such great info. i think this may very well be the first machine in my area. any comments or stories you guys have would be appreciated. i'm still experimenting with my machine to find out its capabilities:blob3:

homerescue
10-23-2003, 10:42 PM
Sorry misspelled stump grinDer blade

bob
10-24-2003, 10:56 PM
I looked into buying one from one of the sponsers, but he wouldn't email me or call me back. Where did you get it and what was the price.

homerescue
10-25-2003, 08:26 PM
bob bought mine here locally north central wv. Go to brownmfgcorp.com and they have a page to link you to a distributor who will call you. Paid about 2300.00 for mine with a bed edger blade, additional blades extra. Was kind of skeptive to buy it back in the spring, and haven't had much time to use it this spring but am getting to play wiyh it now. do buy the steerable model i was gonna try to save about 4-500.00 but distributor kept insisting i spend the extra said it would be worth while, plus the handle does lock into straight position for like when you grind stumps. I am really glad i purchased the machine i now just have to market it in my area, highly productive machine. Be glad to any questions i can if web sight doesn't work for you. Also hope i didn't irritate you guys with the spelling, didn't realize i had so few minutes to edit, very new to posting. By the way thanks for the response.

bob
10-25-2003, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the info, but I already have the bed edger. I'm talking about the stump grinder blade.

homerescue
10-25-2003, 09:20 PM
its in wv but 304-287-2124 listen to message i think 1 gives you lawn & garden. Ask for kim. tell him dave gave you the phone number. have to get back with you on part number, i'm working fire house tonite and left my paper work at home.

NCSULandscaper
10-25-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by homerescue
ground wood and dirt together just like powder, so fine just had to rake back into hole and level, ready to plant grass seed.

Hate to get off subject and i could be wrong but i still dont think i would put the same dirt back in those holes. Still too much wood fiber would be in that mixture and cause the grass not to grow properly.

homerescue
10-27-2003, 03:07 PM
OK, but i thought that wood ground up that small would just decompose very quickly and make good rich soil. Not trying to be smart butt, why wold it not grow, have learned alot off this sight wouldn't mind learning more.

NCSULandscaper
10-27-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by homerescue
OK, but i thought that wood ground up that small would just decompose very quickly and make good rich soil. Not trying to be smart butt, why wold it not grow, have learned alot off this sight wouldn't mind learning more.

Large amounts of freshly ground wood chips no matter the size still has to decompose which in turn depletes nitrogen in the soil. Your grass will become thin and/or turn bright yellow and eventually die. Plus just like finely ground mulch, decomposing matter produces alot of heat which could burn the new seedlings just after germination. I have always replaced that mixed soil with fresh topsoil. Wood chips you buy for organic value have been decomposed and turned for a while.