PDA

View Full Version : Best Insurance Company?

Collegiate
10-24-2003, 09:48 AM
Can you guys give me some idea of which companies carry the most reasonable rates for a small business like mine just getting started. This is for the Virginia so a company based around this area with an agent nearby would be helpful. Hope someone can help!!:dizzy:

Rustic Goat
10-25-2003, 05:04 AM
Start with your own insurance agent. Insurance companies tend to be hesitant in issuing liability policies to individuals that do not already have some type of coverage with them already. Do shop around though, locally, see what you can find.

newleaflandscape
10-25-2003, 11:28 PM
Ill tell ya your best bet is to join your state landscape association. There are so many benefits like that. I am a member of michigan nursery and landscape association. I think I pay about three hundred a year for membership but the benefits are well over that. On liability insurance I saved about a grand a year. On healt insurance the cheapest rates I could get was 392 a month and through mnla I get it now for 265. Not to mention the gas savings we get like five cents a gallon sometimes more. I dont think enough people take advantage of these state associations, not to mention they provide you with all sorts of advertising tools and you get to go to all the meetings and conventions and share pain with fellow members.